Chapter Fifty-seven

She gave me a vicious smile. "Avery, just in time. You'll have to excuse what we're about to do, you are collateral damage"

I had enough of being messed around and by the way she stood and the two men beside her I became worried. I noticed the guns the men were holding and I knew I was in some deep shit.

I wearily eyed the two men and tried inching a step back.

For some reason wherever I go, trouble follows.

"Look Chantelle, I'm not feeling so well so I reckon I'll just head back to my house" I faked a smile and tried walking back.

Chantelle didn't budge. "Go where? Your house with two dead people in it?"

I stopped walking.

How did she even know that? I doubt Xavier told her that fast.

I turned around frowning. "How do you know that?"

She didn't bother answering. Instead she turned to the two men. "Grab her"

My eyes went wide and I knew what was about to happen. It was all so familiar. I was about to get kidnapped.

A short skinny man walked up to me as I inched backwards.

He laid his hands on me and I turned his arms backwards using it in my favour. His arms were leaning the wrong way and he winced in pain.

With my knee I used all of my force and kicked upwards landing straight in his face.

He immediately fell over and clenched his nose which wouldn't stop bleeding.

I have to thank all of my self defence classes.

Didn't help me before when I was kidnapped but I had learned better.

"You bitch!" the man groaned clenching his nose.

I took this chance to sprint for my life.

I heard Chantelle speak. "Get her"

Unfortunately for me the other man was faster and his grip on me was stronger.

I tried wiggling my way out of his reach yet he was too strong.

His golden brown eyes sent me some kind of warning. "Stop resisting, unless you want the guy you just kicked to escort you back and trust me, he won't be so understanding"

I decided to listen to him as I knew there was no way I was getting out of this.

He wrapped a rope around my hands and led me back to the car that Chantelle was already sitting in.

He led me softly and his grip on me wasn't rough.

I noticed the other man sitting in the front driving.

He started opening the door yet I stopped him.

"Goodness sake, open the door. I've got arms too" I said rather annoyed.

He smiled in amusement. "Whatever you say princess"

I didn't like being pushed around.

And it was difficult to open the door with my hands tied but I managed to without completely embarrassing myself.

The car was set up in a limo structure, not being able to see the driver. There was also four seats, sets of two sitting opposite each other.

Chantelle already occupied one of them and I slid in opposite her as the other man sat beside me.

The car started up and started driving to wherever we were heading. To be honest I didn't want to know where we were going.

"How did you know?" I asked repeating my question from earlier.