Chapter Forty-two

Thank you so much Amy (please tell me your username as I didnt recieve it) for this amazing cover I personally love it!

Anyway here is a very long chapter, Enjoy!

××

Poke

Poke

Poke

I'm so gonna kill whoever did that. I opened my eyes to see the sun shining in my eyes. The damn sun. Why do you have to be so bright?

I yawned and turned the other way so I wasn't facing the sun.

"Avery" someone spoke poking me again.

"What?" I asked grumpily.

"We're here" they replied.

I opened my eyes and realised that I was still in the car. I slowly walked out of the car to find Xavier waiting.

I stumbled a bit. How long had it been since I walked? Someone held my waist to steady me. I realised that it was Xavier so I quickly pushed him away and walked to the door.

I pulled open the right door but realised that it was locked. Now I remember it was the left door. I pulled it but it still didn't unlock. Weird. They probably locked it.

I knocked on the door but soon got annoyed when nobody answered it. This is why you never wake a woman when they're trying to get their beauty sleep.

Soon someone opened the door and I came face to face with Isabelle. She had bags under her eyes indicating that she didn't get much sleep.

"Can you be any louder? It's push not pull" Isabelle snarled and walked off.

I rolled my eyes and stepped in.

I ignored her rude remark making a mental note to next time push.

"I'm home" I yelled not caring if I woke anyone. Wait is it morning or afternoon?

I waited for about 5 minutes but I got nothing. You know how in tv they all rush to hug them and say that they missed them. Yeah. I was kinda expecting that. But anyway ice-cream sounds good. Ice-cream makes everything feel better.

Right now I needed to numb the pain, I needed to feel numb. I know nothing could fix it but ice-cream always seemed to help create that illusion.

I made my way to the kitchen and opened the freezer.

I noticed a yellow sticky note on one of the ice cream tubs.

If you eat it all, I willpersonally kill you when I come back. 
~D

D? As in Damien? No it can't be. He's dead. I saw it with my own eye's. It was probably the guys playing games.

Although it sounded strange, when I come back. Almost as though he knew he wasn't coming back.

I shrugged the thought off knowing it was crazy yet it felt wrong eating ice cream now. Because it reminded me of him and that's when everything comes flooding back. I pushed the thoughts away, stuffing the ice cream tub back in the freezer and throwing the sticky note in the bin.

Xavier walked in looking tired and worn out. I could tell that his death had shaken Xavier up. No one had expected it so it's hard to brace for the impact.

He ran a hand through his hair in a tired manner. "We're doing a funeral, for him"

I knew why he didn't say his name. The same reason I didn't want to think about it.