Chapter Fifteen

The next day I felt constantly on edge as my instincts were saying that something bad was going to happen but like normal, I ignored it.

The bell went for lunchtime, and as usual I made my way to the cafeteria.

I grabbed my lunch but halted when I heard shouting coming from the centre table, and it all sounded familiar.

I watched the scene unfold in front of me as I noticed Isabelle in the far distance with tears down her face smearing her makeup while Chase sat down smirking at her whilst Lacy was sat on his lap. This wasn't good.

I tried to walk but somehow my feet wouldn't move it was like my feet were glued to the ground.

"How could you!" Isabelle shouted at Chase.

"How could I what? You should've known that you were just a fling" Chase said back smirking, only if my feet would let me move I would've wiped that smirk off his face.

"B-but I thought you liked me" Isabelle whispered.

Chase laughed "Your just like the rest of them, sluts" he laughed venomously. 

Isabelle wiped her tears away as she stormed out of the silenced cafeteria.

I noticed Chase looking back at me with an unreadable expression as I shook my head in disgust and disappointment at him. I can't believe he did that to Isabelle. 

I knew Isabelle was in the only cubicle that was closed..

"Isabelle?" I asked.

There was silence until I heard a sob.

"A-am I?" Isabelle asked.

"Are you what?" I asked feeling confused.

"Am I a s-slut?" Isabelle said sobbing on the last word.

I stood in front of the cubicle and leant on the side of the door.

"Isabelle you are many things. You're an amazing friend, always helping others and your someone I really depend on. You are not a slut, no matter what anyone says. That jerk did what he's best at and it worked again. Please stop blaming yourself and come out of the cubicle so I can actually talk to you in person. Right now it looks like I'm talking to the toilet" I said receiving a giggle from the last sentence.

The door clicked open and Isabelle came out, having red puffy eyes and her make up was smeared on her face.

I handed her my jacket. "Here. Put this on" She gratefully took it and put the hoodie on.

We soon left the bathroom and walked to my car. When we passed the hallway we got snickers from guys and girls going to Isabelle. I would have a go at them but that means Isabelle would have to stay in the hallway for longer so I decided against it. All I did was give them murderous glares which made them shut up. 

Isabelle got in the car and I was about to hop in but I heard my name being called.

I turned around to face Charlie who held a look of sadness.

"Where have you been?" I asked rather worried.

"That doesn't matter, but I need to talk to you in private" Charlie said out of breath.

"I'm really busy, maybe it can wait?" I asked.

"No I'll tell you now" Charlie said with sadness crossing her eyes.

And I knew this wasn't going to be good news.

"Go on" I said nervously, afraid of what's gonna come out of her mouth.

"Well my mum's sick, she's in pretty bad shape" Charlie said with a pained expression.

"Oh no" I said in a sad tone.

"I have to leave" Charlie went on.

"For how long?" I asked knowing how long it would be, but I didn't want to accept it.

"Permanently" Charlie sadly said.

××

Thanks guys so much 12k reads you guys are truly amazing.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley