Chapter Fifty-eight

I turned towards the man sitting next to me staring out the window deep in thought.

"And who the hell are you?" I asked knowing he's in on the plan too.

He turned to me with a small supportive smile. "I'm Mike"

There was something different about him. He didn't seem in on the plan. He looked conflicted. Different.

Chantelle was busy on a call so I took the opportunity to try and get some help.

"You seem different" I tried putting the words to what I was seeing. "Something tells me you don't want to be here"

His silence confirmed it.

I was hoping the assumption I was about to make was right. "She's holding something against you isn't she? Your family?"

This hit a nerve in him. "I don't have a choice" He barely mumbled.

"There is always a choice, help me send a warning and I can help you with whatever she has against you" I pleaded him with my life.

I didn't so much care about me dying but for some reason I didn't want Xavier to die. I don't exactly know why but I felt that. And I have a feeling Chantelle will kill everyone in his gang that disobeys. Including Richard and Steve and everyone's innocent family's. Just like how mum was dragged into this mess.

He turned to me with a painful look. "I want to help but she will kill my brother. I can't risk it"

He was being completely truthful and I hated that. I hate how people like Chantelle can manipulate others and use peoples loved ones against them just because she wants something.

He was in the exact same position as Damien.

I didn't realise the car had stopped and we started walking towards the side of a huge mansion. All I noticed was the huge number of guards standing with guns, aware of every movement.

If I fled I would instantly die, so running wasn't an option.

I'm all by myself and there's no way out of it. No one is coming to help. It's just me.

Chantelle whispered something in Mike's ear and he look pained and instantly declined whatever Chantelle wanted him to do. Yet Chantelle wasn't asking. It seemed like she threatened him as his head went down in slight defeat.

Chantelle watched closely by.

Mike walked up to me with a pained expression. He looked guilty and full of regret.

"I'm so sorry for this, I have to" He tried reasoning before lifted his arm and punching me straight in the face.

I couldn't stop it and it was just enough to knock me out.

The last thing I saw was Chantelle.

Completely blank and incapable of any emotion

**

Nothing could stop the pounding in my head. I tried reaching for my head but my hands were handcuffed on either side of me. I noticed I was sitting on a floor leaning against the wall with a blaring light staring down at me.

Once my eyes finally adjusted I tried seeing where I was. 

It wasn't long until I realised I was being held in a dungeon. Bars separated me from the guards.

I didn't want to be here at all. I didn't want to spend my remaining time here, I can't take it. Sitting here with my thoughts and emotions. The emotions I wanted to just turn off with a switch.

Rattling of keys broke me out of my thoughts.

Chantelle walked with the same cold and emotionless stare.

"What the hell are you doing to me?" I asked as she injected me with something.

All of a sudden I felt tired and weak

She kneeled down to eye level. "I thought it would be fun to knock you out, it was quite entertaining" she smiled "And these injections are to keep you weak. So I can torture you with darkness, it's just you and your emotions now"

I was fed up. It took every ounce of me to stare at her straight in the eyes and glare at her. I was more than disgusted at her. So I spat in her face. 

She looked furious. "You bitch" she slapped me right across my cheek.

My head hurt. My cheek hurt. But right now I didn't care.

She grabbed another injections and injected me with it with a smirk.

Whatever she was injected was magnifying all of the pain I was feeling which was exactly what she wanted. She wanted me to focus on all of the pain and emotions. She wanted me to suffer.

I felt my eyes close. "Why are you doing this to me?" I let out barely above a whisper.

"Because you managed to make my brother happy. So I am going to punish you for it. But don't worry. It'll be over her soon" She reassured me although in her cold tone I felt even more isolated.

**

It felt like a whole eternity had passed.

The pain I felt lasted forever. The injections made sure of that.

Although the injections seemed to have worn off slightly and I could open my eyes fully and slightly move my arm around.

I noticed someone walk in. When I realised it was Mike I stared straight back at the ground.

I was angry at him. I didn't want to be but he also blindsided me.

He put some food next to me. "Eat up"

I tried moving more to the opposite side. "I'd rather starve. Who knows if you lied again. Did you put some poison in it too?" I stared at the bars in front of me.

"No"

"There goes another lie" I muttered.

He tried to get me to look into his eyes and I raised my eyes to his. "I had to persuade them somehow. They trust me and now I can use that"

His voice sounded honest and sincere. 

"Just hold on a bit more. You're not dying while I'm still alive" He assured me.

My eyes watched him as he walked away.

I had so many questions. Those questions stayed in my mind for a day.

That day turned to two.

Which then turned to three.

And then turned to a week.

I didn't know what I was waiting for and I was losing hope every day.

As the days went by my humanity seemed to be slipping, enough to not make me feel anything. 

And I didn't quite mind the numb feeling.

××

I know this is kinda a boring chapter but the final chapter is nearing and things are about to get exciting.

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley