Chapter Fifty-three

"Let's go" Xavier ordered reloading his gun and shoving it in his pocket

"Is anyone else coming?" I asked.

"They're already there"

I shoved my phone in my pocket and walked to the car getting in, Xavier sitting opposite me. Xavier gave the driver the directions talking rapidly in Italian. The driver nodded and started driving as Xavier shift his gaze to me.

"What if the plan doesn't work?" I asked.

"It will work" His harsh voice cut through the air.

Xavier handed me a sharp object before staring out the window. It was a knife.

"So the plan won't work" I objected staring at the knife.

Xavier rolled his eyes "It will work"

"And if it doesn't your putting my mums life at risk" I said harshly. Well it's true. When he finds out he'll kill my mum.

"We're here" the driver spoke making me put the knife carefully away.

I took a deep breath and exited the car, Xavier following after me.

Xavier stopped walking and looked around. I stopped to stare at a tree with carvings on it. Almost like writing.

Suddenly I was yanked backwards as someone grabbed my waist roughly, placing a sharp object to my neck. A knife. A very sharp one.

Now where the hell did he come from?

The person stood behind me. I could recognise those hands anywhere. Duncan.

"Put your weapons down" Duncan ordered Xavier as he turned to see the state that I was in. He looked stunned.

This doesn't look like it was part of the plan.

Xavier looked to be debating what to do, hesistanting. But by the looks of it, he took too much time.

"Now" Duncan threatened holding the knife impossibly closer.

"Okay, okay" Xavier held up his hands before grabbing his gun and placing it down.

"And the knife" Duncan threatened him.

"You know me too well" Xavier muttered putting the knife down.

"I'm not here to play games Xavier, come with me or I'll kill the girl" Duncan said with so much venom.

From far away I could slightly see a figure pointing a rifle gun directly at Duncan, therefore it was aimed directly at me.

Xavier pressed his ear piece slightly. "No yet" He murmured frustrated.

Yet there were four other men not from Xavier's gang pointing guns directly at Xavier.

"Well this wasn't part of the plan" I muttered.

'Plan?' Duncan asked anger laced in his voice.

Suddenly I heard 4 sudden gun shots, one after another,  hitting all of the men. I watched in horror as each men fell to the ground.

Duncan slowly moved back, since he was holding onto me I was also moving along with him. He continued holding up the knife, not willing to drop his only weapon.

'Plan? What plan? I didn't say plan, did you? Because I didn't' I laughed nervously.

Duncan laughed evilly. "Stupid girl. You told him about it, didn't you?"

Three men from Xavier's side walked closer aiming their guns at Duncan. They seemed to have formed a small circle leaving no exits. A kill circle. And I was right in the middle. Oh god.