IMAGINE: Falling in love with Kili

"Y/N, can I see you for a minute?" Thranduil, your father, asks. You set down the bow you're cleaning and follow your father out of the armory. Thranduil and you are silent for a while.
      "Am I in trouble?" You question finally, wincing.
     "What?" Thranduil laughs softly, looking at you. You stare at him, your eyebrow raised. "No, no, of course not. I'm just thinking, that's all." Your father states.
      "Of what?" You ask. Your father takes a deep breath and stops walking. You stop as well.
     "Y/N, Thorin Oakenshield came to me and asked me if you would join him on his quest to reclaim Erebor." Thranduil explains.
     Your eyes widen and your head drops forward a little bit, your jaw agape. "Thorin Oakenshield?" You ask. "But, Ada [Father], we hate him!" You exclaim. Thranduil gives you a look, and your eyebrows draw. "Don't we?" You question.
      He sighs and puts a hand on your shoulder. "No, we don't. We just misunderstood each other. I know it took a lot for Thorin to come and humble himself to ask for your help, Y/N. You're the best warrior out there. He wants you for his Company." He says. 
     You look away and shrug. "All right, I'll do it." You sigh.
     "Great." Thranduil says, grinning. He hugs you tightly and you hug him back, patting his back unsurely.

---

     You stand awkwardly in Bilbo's house, feeling shy towering over all the rambunctious Dwarves and the flustered Hobbit.
     You look to the side when you notice a surprisingly handsome Dwarf staring at you. You give him a thin lipped smile, and in return, he grins flirtatiously.  You look away, blushing, putting a piece of hair behind your ear.
     "I'm Kili." He says.
     "Y/N." You answer.
     "You're the Elf my uncle was talking about." Kili states. You nod and look up at him.
     "Yeah, I am." You reply.
     "You have no idea what you're getting in to." He laughs.
     "Yeah, I know." You mutter under your breath.
     "What was that?" Kili asks, leaning in closer.
     "I said "Yeah."." You reply loudly, trying to be heard over the racket that the Dwarves are making.
     "Well, you'll get use to us. Us-us Dwarves are actually really lovable." Kili says, grinning, and gently elbowing you.
      "I'm sure." You reply dully, regretting the second you agreed to come on this accursed trip with these Dwarves. You glance at the Dwarf and hide your smile. Maybe he's the only good thing coming out of this trip.

---

     You gasp and duck, before plunging a sword into an Orc's stomach. You're at Erebor, the Battle of the Five Armies taking place. You look around at the Dwarves you've grown so close to, and make sure none of them are in need of saving.
      "Y/N, drop!" Kili, who became your best friend, screams at you. You immediately obey and drop to the ground. Kili fires off two arrows and an Orc comes crashing down beside you, dead.
     "Thank you." You mouth to Kili. He smiles at you and nods, before going off to kill more Orcs.
     You watch Kili fight Orcs and, as if deaf to the world, everything quiets down and you solely focus on the handsome Dwarf. You watch the muscles in his jaw clench, the way his face skewers up before he kills the enemy, and the way he fluently moves. You smile, never having realized how much you love this Dwarf. How much you've come to adore and treasure the moments you have with him. Your smile widens and you let out a short laugh. "I love him." You admit quietly to yourself.
     You're drawn back to the battle as arrows soar past your head. You jump to your feet and take down a few Orcs, making your way towards Kili. Once the area is clear of Orcs, you walk right up to Kili.
      "Y/N, what's wrong?" Kili asks, before you drop your sword, grab his face in your hands, and kiss him deeply. Kili first stiffens in shock, and then closes his eyes, putting his hands on your back. When you pull away, you look down at him.
     "I'm sorry." You breathe, shaking your head. "I-I don't know what came over me." You whisper, putting a hand to your mouth. Kili, breathless, smiles.
     "I love you, Y/N." He admits.
     "I love you too." You respond, smiling, feeling like crying.

---

     The day after the Battle of the Five Armies ends, all the Dwarves alive and well, Kili and you marry each other. Your father, at first, was unsure about giving you his blessing; but once he saw how much Kili and you love each other, he was positive that it was the right thing to do.
     "I can't believe we're married." You say to Kili as you both walk around Erebor, hand in hand. "When did that happen?" You ask, looking at your husband.
     "A few hours ago." He answers, grinning. You laugh and shake your head.
      "I have a feeling you'll keep life interesting, Kili." You say.
     "Oh, you can count on it, Y/N." He says, wrapping an arm around your hips. You kiss him softly.
     "Good." You say. "I love you." You add. He smiles up at you lovingly.
     "I love you too." He murmurs.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!