IMAGINE: Ross saving you

You walk through the small village of Cornwall, looking for cheap items of food to buy. You're a peasant, living in a small, broken down shack on the outskirts of the town. With what little money you make as a hired seamstress, you're barely living.
     You browse through the market, your eyes settling on some bread. You smile and head straight for it. When you see the price on a loaf of bread, your heart drops and you sigh. You eye the crusty bread, your mouth watering. You look both ways, almost tempted to steal it.
     "No." You grit out, taking a step away. You take a deep breath and straighten your shoulders. "I'd never stoop that low." You whisper under your breath.
     You're about to walk away when you hear someone shout, "Stop!". You look in the direction and see the owner of the bread cart glaring at you. Your eyebrows draw and you look down, hurrying away.
     "Stop, thief!" He screams at you. A collective gasp rises up and you take off running, scared. Someone holds out their leg and you trip on it, biting the dust. Your groan as your body slams into the muddy ground. The owner of the bread cart comes barreling at you. He grabs you around the cuff of your shirt and roughly pulls you to his feet.
     "What do you think yer doing?!" He exclaims, his accent thick.
     "I-I didn't steal anything." You sputter, turning your head away from the thick stench of liquor on his breath.
     "I think yer a liar, missie." He hisses, before throwing you to the ground. You cry out as you fall. People gather around you. "I caught this little lassie stealin' from my cart!" The breadman shouts. You shake your head vehemently, coughing.
     "N-no. Not true!" You exclaim.
     "Shut yer mouth!" He yells at you. "What should I do with her?" He asks the people.
     "Beat her! That should teach the little peasant wench not to steal anymore!" Someone yells.
     "No!" You gasp. "I didn't steal anything!" You scream, panic making your voice crack. The breadman grabs a wooden cane and heads for you. You scramble backwards, breathing heavily. The people around you close in, making it impossible for you to run.
     You lay crunched in the fetal position, your arms covering your head. You squeeze your eyes shut, preparing yourself for the whack of the cane. The breadman brings the cane up and is about to hit you just when someone grabs the cane firmly.
      "I wouldn't do that if I where you." A voice hisses at the breadman. You open your eyes and see Ross Poldark gripping the cane, his eyes burning holes into the man.
     "And why not?" The breadman snaps.
     "Because what if the girl didn't steal anything?" Ross asks. He looks at you and motions for you to stand up. "Stand up." He commands, and you immediately obey. "Remove your cloak." He says. You do say and shake it out for good measure. "Let me see what's inside your basket." He states. You show him the empty basket. Ross looks at the man. "This is an empty basket. This girl didn't steal anything from you, sir. She isn't guilty." He says.
    You breathe a sigh of relief. The breadman sputters, his face red with embrassment. He lowly growls and stalks off angrily.
       Your breathing slows as you look at Ross. "Thank you, sir." You say quietly.
     "What's your name?" He asks.
     "Y/N." You answer.
     "Well, Y/N, how about you take this?" Ross asks, giving you his basket of food. You start shaking your head, your hands up in protest.
     "N-no, I couldn't." You say.
     "Yes. You will." He insists, shoving the basket into your hands.
     "Thank you for your generosity." You whisper, touched. Ross smiles at you.
     "No one should go to bed hungry." He says.
     "Also, thank you for stopping that man before he hit me." You say.
     "It's not right for him to do you any injustice. You didn't do anything wrong." Ross responds.
     "Apparently you're the only one that thought so." You mutter.
     "No matter. You weren't hurt and that's all that matters." He says. You smile up at his handsome face. "Well I need to be going. Enjoy the food." He says.
     "Thank you. Thank you kindly, sir." You reply. Ross smiles at you.
    "Anytime." He says.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!