IMAGINE: Aidan saving you on the set of Poldark

You walk along the steep cliffs that overlook the ocean below. It's breathtaking. You're a photographer working on the Poldark set. You're the designated nature photographer for the TV series. You sigh happily and take a picture of the horizon. The wind tugs at your hair, threatening to pull it from its pony tail. You look around and see the Levant Mine, posing as Tressiders Rolling Hill in Poldark, in the distance. There's area is famous for its beautiful, yet terrifyingly high, cliffs. You stop walking and stare at the waves crashing against the sharp rocks below you. You smile, heights never terrifying you.

     "Y/N, Edward and Will want you. We're going to start filming soon." Aidan Turner states from behind you.

     You look at your friend whom you've grown so close to, and smile. "Coming." You reply. You start to walk towards him when your foot slips on the muddy bank. With a cry, you fall.

     "Y/N!" Aidan screams, running towards you as you start to slide down the muddy hill that drops off over 100 feet above the water.

     You're on your stomach as you slide down the muddy, rocky hill, your hands trying to grasp on to something—anything—to stop you from going over the cliff. Your hands find a root and you grasp on to it, dropping your camera. Your body jilts to a rough stop and you gasp as pain tears through your shoulders. You look down and swallow. You're nearly off the edge of the cliff. Your legs and hips are hanging over the side, dangling above the rocky ocean. Your eyes follow your camera and you watch as it crashes against the rocks.

     "Y/N!" Aidan screams from above you.

      You look up at him. "Help me!" You yelp.

     "Just hold on. I'm going to get help!"

     "There's no time! I can't hold on much longer!" You shout, hysteria etched into your tone. Aidan pales. "Please don't leave me." You beg. "Just-just try and find a way to get to me without falling off the cliff, okay?"

     He nods. "Okay." He whispers. He looks around. "I'm-I'm going to try and find some rope." He states before walking off. The wind blows at you hard and you squeeze your eyes shut, not wanting to look down at your impending death.

     Aidan comes into view a minute later. "I found some fisher's rope." He says breathlessly. "I'm going to tie it to this tree and then come down." He tells you, his voice shaking.

     "Hurry." You grit out, the pain in your shoulders numbing. Aidan ties the rope around the tree and then ties it at his waist. He pulls at it to make sure it's tight before he gingerly start to make his way down to you. "Aidan, please hurry. I can't-I can't feel my arms anymore." You cry.

     Aidan becomes more eager. You see the look of sheer panic on his face. He's almost to you. "Aidan..." You warn, your arms feeling weak. He's so close. "Aidan!" You scream as your hands slide off the foot. For a nanosecond, you're falling. Aidan swings down and grabs you around the waist. You grasp onto him tightly, breathing hard.

     "I've got you, I've got you." He whispers. You can feel his heart pounding. For a long moment, Aidan and you just stay there, hanging over the cliff. "We need to work together now so we can get back up." He tells you. You nod against his chest. "You hold on to me while I pull us up. You have to use your legs to help me though." He instructs. You nod again.

     Aidan looks down at you and smiles faintly. "It's okay. We're going to be okay." He says softly.

     Tears burn in your eyes and you blink them away, wanting to be strong. "I know." You whisper, barely audible. Aidan starts to climb and you use your legs to help him.

     When Aidan and you reach the top, you both collapse onto the grass, breathing hard. You turn on your side to face Aidan and wrap your arms around him. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." You whisper, shuddering in his arms.

     He holds you tight against him, cradling the back of your head. "Are you all right?" He asks worriedly.

     "I'm okay. Are you okay?" You ask.

     He nods. "Just...just still a little freaked out." He whispers.

     "I'm so sorry." You cry against him. The tears well up in your eyes. "I-I shouldn't have been walking that close to the edge." You sob.

     "Y/N, it isn't your fault, okay? Don't worry about it. You're safe and alive. We're both alive. That's all that matters." Aidan breathes. "I'm sorry about your camera." He says, looking at you.

     You smile at him. "It's just a camera. I'll get another." You murmur. You frown. "I mean, it did have most of my pictures on it..." You trail off. You groan and rest your head against Aidan's chest. "The more I think about it, the more sick I feel about it." You state.

     Aidan kisses your head. "Then try not to think about it." He replies, hugging you.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!