IMAGINE: Ross coming to save you after you've been caught in a storm

"Y/N." The sound of Ross saying your name almost makes your heart stop. You turn around from the hot stove and wipe the sweat off of your forehead with the sleeve of your shirt.
     "Yes, sir?" You ask, looking at your handsome employer whom you're in love with. You're a kitchen maid and have been employed by Mr. Ross Poldark for three months.
     He sits down on a chair and crosses his legs. "I need you to run to town for me. I'm having some dinner guests over in a couple of days and I need Trudie and you to prepare a meal for us." He says. You nod and wipe your hands on your apron before taking it off.
     "All right, sir. I'll try to be back before dark. Is there anything specific you need me to get?" You ask.
     Ross stands and hands you a list. "Everything you need is on there." He answers. You take the list, your fingers brushing his. You bow your head, blushing.
     "Thank you for doing this, Y/N. I appreciate it." He says. You look up at him, smiling a little.
     "Oh, it's not problem, sir." You reply. You give him a slight bob of your head before walking out of the kitchen.
     "Oh, Y/N!" Ross exclaims. You stop and turn back to look at him. "Be back soon, all right? A storm is nigh." He says.
     You smile and nod, noticing the protectiveness in his tone. "Yes, sir." You say. You start walking, grab your cloak off a peg, pick up a basket, and then leave the Poldark household.

---

     The setting sun disappears behind dark storm clouds as you're on your way home. Thunder rumbles and lightning flashes in the sky. You pull your cloak around your body tightly, your nerves on end. It starts to pour and the wind picks up. In a few minutes it's completely dark outside, save for the lightning brightening up the sky. Not even able to see a foot in front of you, you bow your head to shield your face from the rain. The ground is soggy and slippery beneath your feet and your boots sink into the mud.
     You start to carefully tread down a hill when your foot slips. Your piercing scream echoes as you tumble down the hill. Your cloak rips off your body and the basket of food rolls down the hill. Your body stops rolling down the hill as soon as you bash the side of your head onto a rock. You sink into darkness as blood, mixed with rain, slides down your face and into your wet hair.

---

     Ross paces the front door, nearly consumed with worry for you. "She should be back by now." He mutters. Trudie walks into the kitchen and Ross thinks it's you.
     "Y/N!" He exclaims. Trudie stops and pops her head out of the kitchen.
     "Sorry, sir, Y/N isn't home yet." She says.
     "Trudie, she's been gone for hours. I'm so worried about her." He whispers, panic edging its way into his heart.
     "If you don't mind me saying so, sir, why don't you go out and look for her?" Trudie asks.
     Ross stares at her. "Thank you, Trudie. That's a fantastic idea." He says, before grabbing his coat and a lantern.
     Ross leaves the house. "Y/N!" He shouts, while squinting as the rain pelts him. "Y/N!" He screams. For an hour, Ross searches for you. He's on the point of hysteria.
     "Please, Y/N. If something has happened to you, I don't know what I'd do." He whispers, tears filling his eyes.
     He's just about to turn around when a flash of lightning lights up the ground. Ross notices a small pile of something on the ground and his eyebrows draws. He holds up his lantern and starts moving towards it. Soon, another lightning strike appears and Ross gasps, dropping the lantern, as he realizes it's a person.
     "Y/N!" He shouts. He runs over to you and turns you over. The sky brightens up again and Ross cradles your bloodied face.
     "Oh, my darling." He whispers, pulling you into his arms. He rocks you back and forth. "My darling Y/N." He sighs with relief.

---

     Ross carries you home, and Trudie bandages your wound and gets you into dry clothes. After she's finished, Ross sits next to you and holds your hand, his eyes never leaving your pale face.
     "Y/N..." He says softly, running his thumb over your knuckles. "I know you're just my kitchen maid, but I don't care—I love you." He states. Tears fill his eyes and he bites back a sob. Resting his head on your hand, he silently cries. "I love you so much, and I can't live without you." He weeps.
     You open your eyes and stare down at your love. You smile weakly. "Do you really love me?" You ask hoarsely.
     Ross lifts his head. "Y/N!" He breathes with relief. "And to answer your question: yes, I love you. I love you very much." He whispers.
     "I love you, too, Ross Poldark." You reply, closing your eyes. Ross places his lips on yours and kisses you softly.
     "I'm so glad you're all right, my love. You very nearly gave me a heart attack." He says.
     "Sorry." You grimace.
     "No, no, it's not your fault." He whispers, caressing your cheek. He kisses you again. "Once this storm passes, I'm having a doctor check your wound just to be sure you're all right." Ross says.
     "Okay." You whisper. Ross kisses your forehead.
     "I'll let you sleep." He whispers, getting up. You reach for his hand.
     "Don't leave me!" You exclaim, your eyes flying open.
     Ross laughs softly. "Very well." He says, sitting back down. You smile and close your eyes.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!