IMAGINE: Comforting Kili

Kili and you burst through the doors of the Blue Mountains, laughing. You both push your weight against the door, slamming it shut in order to keep the rain out. You grin at your husband and find him already grinning back at you, water dripping down his face.

      "Next time we should probably make sure we pick a nice sunny day to go riding." You giggle.

     Kili laughs and puts his arm around your shoulders. "Now where would be the fun in that?" He asks. You laugh.

      "What's going on here?" Fili asks, looking between Kili and you standing in a puddle of water. He's smiling, an amused look on his face.

     "We got caught in the rain." You laugh as thunder loudly rumbles.

     "I can see that." Fili grins. "You two look like you fell into the lake."

      "If this rain doesn't let up, there's going to be a new lake." Kili replies.

      "Well, you better go change clothes and hang these wet ones up to dry. You're making a puddle on the floor." Fili points.

     "Oh, don't be such a nana, Fili." You laugh, moving past him. Kili grins and follows after you, while Fili just sighs and rolls his eyes.

After Kili and you change clothes in your room and put the wet ones up to dry near the fire, you open the balcony doors to your room.

      "If Fili sees you letting all this rain water in, he's going to be very grumpy." Kili replies, coming up behind you. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls your back against his chest. He rests his chin on your shoulder.

      You chuckle and rest your arms on his. "Let him be. Nothing beats a perfect storm like this." You sigh happily, watching the lightning race across the sky. Thunder slams against the sky, causing Kili to jump. You look over your shoulder at him and he shrugs sheepishly.

      "Sorry. I don't really share your love of storms." He murmurs.

     "That's okay." You smile.

    "Ever since I was a little Dwarf, they've freaked me out. I don't know what it is about storms, but they're not up there with my favorite things."

     "And that's okay. They don't have to be. I can love storms for the both of us."

      Kili smiles and kisses you. "I love you." He whispers.

     "I love you." You smile back. You step forward to shut the balcony doors.

     "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" Kili asks, stilling your arm.

     "I'm shutting the doors...?" You say, raising your eyebrows.

     "But why?"

     "Because you don't like them. I know the storm will keep you up all night if I leave the doors open."

      Kili smiles and pulls you back into his arms. "Leave them. It's fine." He whispers in your ear. You look up at him questioningly. He rests his forehead against yours. "I won't be scared. I'll have you to comfort me." He smiles. You smile back and close your eyes.

———

Kili and you lay together, arms wrapped around each other, your head on his chest. The room is dark, save for the frequent flashes of lighting. You stare out past the balcony, watching lightning streak across the night sky, hearing the pitter-patter of rain hitting the balcony and thunder shaking the sky.

      You look up at Kili. His eyes are closed. You know he isn't asleep. Every time thunder booms, he flinches.

     "Are you sure you don't want me to shut the doors?" You whisper.

      Without opening his eyes, he replies, "No, Y/N. It's okay. Really. I love seeing you so happy." He strokes your hair.

      "Yeah, and I hate seeing you so uncomfortable." You frown.

      His eyes open and he stares at you. "I'm okay." He answers. You practically roll your eyes and start to get out of bed. "No, don't!" Kili exclaims.

     "What? What is it?" You ask worriedly, freezing.

      Kili pulls you back into his arms. "It's really cold without you."

      You laugh and snuggle into his arms. "So you'd rather face the storm than the cold, huh?" You smile.

     Kili kisses your head. "Well, you can stop the cold. You can't stop the storm." He murmurs. You blush. Thunder cracks loudly in the sky and even you wince. He looks around nervously.

      You smile sympathetically. "Come here." You say, opening your arms. Kili rests his head on your chest and you wrap your arms around him. You hum softly and stroke his hair. He sighs softly, relaxing. After a while, you hear his soft snores and you smile. You kiss his head and close your eyes.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!