3. Trying To Push You Out

-Jaime-

I folded the last of my shorts and put them neatly into my dresser drawer, next to all my plain t-shirts that won't fit into the closet which had all my Rebel8 shirts and jeans. The rest of the closet was consumed by all of Jessica's clothes and shoes, not to mention her shit load of purses that I've only seen her use once.

Mason was fast asleep on the bed lightly sucking on his pacifier, Jessica had left earlier to have lunch with her friends and I stayed here to unpack the rest of our boxes and watch Mason, in turn I get to spend the night out with the guys while the girls left on a girl's trip for the weekend.

I carefully picked Mason up from the bed and took him to the living room with me, which was smaller than my old living room but it'll have to make due for now.

I turned on the TV and switched channels to see some college football, I had Mason cradled in my arms and looked down at him, his eyes shut gently while his breathing was soft and slow, I took in his features and for the first time looked at every little bit of his face, seeing Jessica's mouth, her ears, and her face shape. Not her nose, he has mi- wait a minute.

That's not my nose.

I furrowed my eyebrows and concentrated on his nose, definitely not mine and I'm almost certain it's not Jessica's.

Don't overreact, don't over think.

I shook my head and averted my attention back to the football game, taking a few glances back down to Mason and back to the TV, I can't over think little things.

Another hour later Jessica came home and happily took Mason out of my hands while I got dressed to have dinner with the guys.

I threw on a black, but of course, Rebel8 shirt and some black skinny jeans leaving my red vans for last, God I'm so predictable. I straightened my hair upwards in its normal spikey way like usual and sprayed a little bit of hairspray on it to keep it on point for the remainder of the night.

I exited the bathroom and found Jessica laying on the bed with Mason watching the Kardashians on TV, getting an eye roll from me in the process.

I sprayed a generous amount of cologne on and wrapped my gold Raymond Weil watch around my wrist, the same one I've worn every day since Christmas day over two years ago.

"You should really change watches babe." Jessica says from behind me.

I turn to look at her as she gives me a light smile, "Whatever happened to the Rolex I got you?" She asks making me break a sweat almost, at the thought of what Arianna and I did to that watch.

[Flashback]

"So what are we going to do with this?" I ask Arianna holding up the Rolex box Jessica got me for Christmas.

"Umm I have a lot of ideas for what we can do with that." She laughs, God I love her laugh.

"Well why don't you share your brilliant idea with the class." I laugh back acting as if there were others in the room waiting to hear her thoughts.

She smirks and walks over to me, grabbing the box from my hand and opening it up to reveal the gold Rolex sitting on a black cushion inside.

She walks past me and down the stairs, I follow her curiously and watch as she goes into the kitchen and begins raiding the drawers for something in particular, until she finds exactly what she's looking for.

"A meat mallet?" I ask with a tilt to my head.

She turns slightly to look at me with an evil grin, clutching the metal object in her hand tightly, "Who gets to go first?" She asks.