19. Everything Is Alright

After being in the hospital for another week, Jaime's doctor finally released him, and to say I was ecstatic would be a tremendous understatement. I was happy that I would finally be able to take him home.

Two days after he woke up they gave him the same physical test they gave me and he failed it, he was having a hard time walking and they said that was to be expected especially after being in a coma for over a month.

I took the liberty in forcing Jaime to walk every day since then, once in the morning, then after lunch and right before bed. He, Lilah and I would do a daily routine until he was able to walk normally again. Then the day before yesterday when they gave him the test again he finally got it down and passed, even though his walking is a bit slow.

I think the main goal he accomplished was being able to eat solid foods, he literally tore up his hamburger that the nurses had brought him.

I finished packing my last duffle bag of things that were brought to me from home, Vic had already taken Lilah's play pin last night since she's been sleeping with Jaime in his bed.

Even though Jaime was awake I refused to go home, no matter how many times he told me to.

"Are you ready?" I ask as soon as Jaime comes out of the bathroom, fully dressed in a pair of cutoff jeans with his Mexico soccer jersey, and his favorite red Vans tied to his feet.

"As ready as ever my lady." He smiles walking slowly over to where I stood with three bags in my hand.

Jaime turns me around to face him and places a kiss on my forehead, "Thank you."

"For what?" I ask with a tilt to my head.

"For never leaving my side, for encouraging me and never giving up even though it got hard. You're absolutely the best person in my life and I appreciate everything you do for our family."

I smile up at him then step on my tip toes to place a kiss on his lips, lingering there a bit before pulling apart, "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else with anyone else, this is where I'm supposed to be."

"I love you." He grins.

"I love you too booger, now let's get out of here, my skin is turning white and that's because of the lack of sun." I laugh grabbing two of the bags and Lilah's car seat while he took the last bag and his folder of release papers.

After successfully putting all of our things in my car, which Vic brought over to me, I situated myself in the front seat and pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

It was weird to say the least, driving again after being in an accident is scary, because now you're more alert than anything. I couldn't help but get small flashbacks every time I saw a red light turn green, but I pushed them aside and went at my own pace even though people were going around me, oh well they can kiss my ass.

I went in another direction completely passing the exit to our apartment, which Jaime noticed right away, "Where are we going?"

"We're going to Vic and Dani's." I smile.

"But why?" He drags out with a whine.

"Because I need to pick up Lilah's play pin."

As we got closer there were about five other cars parked outside, I had to park across the street behind Tony's black Honda Civic.

"Come on." I say turning the car off and unbuckling my seatbelt.

"No, I can just stay in here with Lilah."

"Well Lilah is coming too, so you gotta come with." I say opening the door and climbing out.

I hear an audible groan through the shut door and laugh, opening the back door to grab Lilah as Jaime gets out of the front, "Are you gonna go in there and talk?"