25. Feeling Sorry

I lugged my suitcase into the quiet home along with Lilah propped in my arms, we had just left Anaheim where Jaime took off on their acoustic tour.

I felt a small pain in my chest when I left but knew that in just a few weeks I'll be meeting him in Texas to spend Thanksgiving with them. I just had to hold on until then.

I carried the slightly heavy suitcase up the stairs and into our bedroom then lied Lilah down on the bed while I threw all the dirty clothes in a hamper to be washed later.

I threw myself on the bed next to Lilah and opened my phone to go check all of my social media, first Snapchat then Instagram seeing the picture I had just posted of Jaime and I outside of the bus, he had his chin rested on my shoulder, sunglasses covering his eyes but he had a smile spread from cheek to cheek wile I smiled and snapped the photo.

I exited the app then went to my Facebook, going through the feed and seeing all of my friends and families post I saw a face pop up on my 'People you may know' list, he wore a grey suit and a smile, five o'clock shadow on his face and sunglasses covering his eyes, under the picture it said Christian D'Angelo.

I hesitantly clicked on his name and was lead to his Facebook where I was instantly met with a picture of him and a girl at dinner, I quickly recognized the girl to be his secretary, the snob that I met at the dinner I went to. I let a small laugh erupt from my throat and left the page.

I heard my new message notification go off and clicked on the messages tab seeing about ten unread messages from family and a few from fans that found my page. But the one surprising message that caught my eye belonged to none other than Jessica Hattersley, I quickly opened the message, suddenly curious as to what she wanted then began to read what was inside.

Hey Arianna, I know a message from me is the last thing you'd expect to see but I would really like for us to meet up soon so I can personally apologize face to face for everything that's happened. I know you probably won't but it'd really mean a lot if you did. Give me a call or text so we can set something up if you agree.

Jessica

I contemplate my decision then realize that I had to be the bigger person and put everything behind us, I'm sure it took a lot for her to send me that message so it'd be rude of me to just read it and not reply.

Instead of actually texting or calling her, though, I sent her a message back on Facebook,

Sure, when and where?

I fixed my hair and cleaned up my makeup before going to meet her at the café of her choosing, I heard my phone ringing from the nightstand and quickly went to retrieve it.

I saw Jaime's face light up on my phone and immediately answered it.

"Hey hot stuff." I smirk although he couldn't see it.

"Oh stop, you're making me blush." He chuckles.

I laugh and shake my head at his words, "What are you up to?" I ask.

"Not much honestly, we just got to the venue and just waiting to do sound check so I thought I'd call and see what you're doing."

"Well..." I drag out.

"Oh no, what are you doing? Did you already burn down the house?" He asks with a serious tone.

"No, not yet." I answer nonchalantly.

"Well then what is it?"

"I'm about to go meet up with Jessica." I say out in a rush.

"Wait, what?"