30. One Step Closer

[OMG I forgot to post! I was literally about to go to sleep when I realized what i had forgotten to do today or should I say yesterday, if you're in eastern/central time. Forgive my mistake and enjoy this short but cute chapter. LOVE YA'LL!]

"Today will be the day." I mutter to myself for the millionth time.

These past two weekends have been filled with nothing but constant dress shopping, and in each attempt to find one I'm left leaving completely defeated.

I've tried poufy ones to short ones, ruffled to plain, I'm going crazy and I need a dress now so that way I can have it altered to my size.

"I'll be back!" I shout from the door.

"Good luck!" Jaime shouts back followed by a strum from his acoustic guitar.

I walked out of the house and to Danielle's car where she, Spencer and Alysha waited.

"Hey guys." I say getting into the passenger seat.

"Hey." They all say in unison.

We drive to a boutique in the downtown area of San Diego and get off, it was a cute little place with hardly any people inside.

"Welcome to Esmerelda's, who's the lucky bride?" The greeter asks.

She was about five foot and had long wavy brown hair, a smile spread from cheek to cheek, "I am." I smile in return.

"Well congratulations, let's get you started."

I was quickly pushed into a dressing room, and was handed three dresses, or so it seemed that's how it went, I wasn't exactly being pressured into trying on gowns I didn't pick, but after trying them on I realized that they looked much better on the rack.

"That one is cute Rae." Danielle says with a smile sitting on the couch in front of the small pedestal I could stand on for everyone to see.

I shrug my shoulders and look in the mirror, "I don't know, it's just not screaming at me."

"Well then go try on another one." Spencer suggests.

I trudge down the steps and shuffle my way into the dressing room once again and try on another, it was beautiful, off the shoulder with long lacey sleeves, something like what Kate Middleton wore at her wedding, when I slipped it on I could only hope that it would be just as beautiful on me.

With help from the assistant, Kristal, I got zipped up and was sent out to show my friends, "Yeah?" I say stepping back onto the pedestal.

They all look at me and smile, "It's not you." Alysha admits.

"Yeah no..." The other girls agree.

We left that store after two more attempts and went around to every wedding boutique in the city, only to be disappointed.

"What does a girl have to do to find a wedding dress in this city?" I ask as we sit around a small café, we had all gotten hungry and decided to grab a bite to eat before trying some more places.

"There will be one, trust me, your dress is out there." Spencer reassures.

"Excuse me." We hear a dainty voice say from behind me.

Danielle and I turn around to face a woman maybe in her early thirties, sitting with a gentleman around the same age, "Yes?"

"I overheard you talking about finding a wedding dress, have you been to Charlotte's just on the outskirts of San Diego?"