11. War Zone

Because my best friend threatened to stab me if I didn't post this chapter...

"Are you sure you can't make it this weekend?" He asks with a pout, although I can't physically see him I can practically hear it in his voice.

"I'm sure, I hate it but they really need me at work, one of the girls just had her baby and they'll be shorthanded." I lie.

"Oh well, I mean I'll have other birthdays."

"I'm sorry baby, I'll be over as soon as our other waitress comes back from vacation." I assure.

"Okay, sounds like a deal."

--

"Thank you for doing all of this for me you guys." I say placing the last box inside the garage.

"It's really no problem Rae." Vic smiles.

"Geeze it's hotter than I remember." I sigh wiping a bit of sweat off my forehead.

"Welcome back to San Diego Ari." Danielle sarcastically laughs.

"Such a nice welcome back." I laugh in response.

"So Hime still doesn't know you're here?" Vic questions after he shuts the door to his and Danielle's town home garage.

I shake my head in response as I down the last sip of water from my Starbucks cup, "No not yet, so if he mopes around that I'm not here, just play along with it." I say with a wink.

"You got it dude." Danielle smiles holding up both of her thumbs as she references Michelle from Full House.

"Alright guys I'm off to Spencer's to tame a wild one-year-old, I'll see you tomorrow." I say giving them both a hug before waving goodbye and getting into my car.

Maybe I should speed you all up, about a few weeks ago I thought of an idea, missing Jaime and home so much I decided it was time to by my one-way ticket back to San Diego, and so I did. I told Jaime that I wasn't able to come due to short staff at work, yeah it upset him but I highly doubt he'll care tomorrow once he sees Lilah and I at his birthday surprise party.

So that being said, I packed up all my belongings and shipped them to Danielle and Vic's house to place in their garage until I moved in with Jaime. All of my furniture was left in Cleveland with my parents and were going to be donated to the Salvation Army since I wasn't going to need it here in San Diego.

Jaime had already previously told me that he got Lilah a crib for his apartment so when we came over she'd have a place to sleep. I normally share a dresser with him and I'm sure there's more than enough space for my clothes in his closet for me.

Everything I needed was already here, all I needed to bring was myself and clothes. Which was actually the hardest part, I have way too many clothes.

The only sad thing was leaving Max behind, but my parents were planning on making a drive here in a month or so, meaning they'd bring my fur baby back home to me.

I turned into the driveway of Spencer and Tony's town home, the outside giving that home-y vibe instantly, I parked behind Spencer's black Mazda then got out and made my way to the front door using the spare key she gave me to let myself in.

"Oh thank God you're home!" Tony exclaims from the kitchen where he held a very white Joyce in his arms, and when I say white I mean he was covered in flour from head to toe.

"What the heck happened? Where's my child?" I ask looking around.

"Spencer took her upstairs to bathe her, we had Lilah and Joyce on the table where I left the flour bag and they decided to get into it while Spencer and I were washing dishes." Tony explains with a solemn expression as if he were frightened about what just happened.