Epilogue

Epilogue

We woke up fairly early today due to having to decorate the hall and make sure everything looked exactly as she imagined it.

I climbed the stairs and headed into our bedroom to find Jaime throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, my eyes grazing over his body slowly as my heart rate picked up like always, even after all these years of being married.

"Are you done staring at me?" Jaime asks with a smirk.

"No, not really." I laugh.

"Is Lilah up?" He asks while tying his shoes to his feet.

"Yeah, she's downstairs eating cereal."

"And Lucas?"

"In his room playing games."

I go into the closet and get changed into something for the day, deciding on a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt paired with some white Converse.

I left my face clean from any makeup seeing as the makeup and hair dresser would be arriving soon to do all of that for me.

I walked down the hall and knocked on Lucas's door then opened it to see him sitting on the edge of his bed giving the TV screen his full attention, "Lucas, get dressed, you and your dad are going to the hall to help set up." I say getting a groan in response.

"But mom, it's not even my party why do I have to go set up?"

"Because I said so." I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Now get dressed, the game will be here when you get back I promise."

I shut the door to his room and walked downstairs to where Jaime was making himself coffee while Lilah was hunched over the counter eating cereal, a spoon in her right hand while she played on her phone with the other.

"Hey mom?" She asks through a mouthful of Lucky Charms.

"Yes?" I say turning to Jaime who already had a cup of coffee made for me.

"Can I have a car for my sixteenth?"

I look at her with a smile, "Ask your dad."

"Dad?"

"Lilah, look." He says with a laugh.

"I didn't get my first car until I was eighteen, so ask me again when you're seventeen and three quarters then maybe I'll think about it." He continues to laugh.

"But dad." She says dragging out the dad.

"If you behave until then, then I'll consider it, but I've gotta see those grades high all year, no getting into trouble and take care of the house."

"Deal." She smiles putting her bowl in the sink then trots over to him to place a kiss on his cheek.

We watch as she skips up the stairs, I turn to look at Jaime with a smirk and stick out my pink to him, "Wrapped right around her finger." I laugh.

"Yeah well, let's see how well she keeps up her side of the deal." He says with a grin.

"Lucas!" I shout up the stairs.

"I'm coming!"

I sip on my warm coffee and watch as Jaime pours the rest of his in a to-go cup just as Lucas was walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Are you ready squirt?" Jaime asks Lucas.

"Dad, I'm thirteen years old, I think I've out grown the squirt faze." Lucas says with a head tilt.