14. Right Beside You

I poured some iced coffee in my to go cup and quickly checked my phone for the time, ten till twelve, "Shit." I mutter to myself.

Jaime emerges from our bedroom nothing but a pair of dark blue jeans on, a towel in his hand as he rubs it over his hair to dry it from the shower he just took, "You're late." He laughs.

"Thanks for pointing that out." I say with an eye roll.

"What are you two going to do while I'm gone?" I ask as Jaime comes over to me and places a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"Oh I don't know yet, probably go to my parent's house. Go do some shopping maybe. We're just gonna go with the flow." He smiles, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Okay well I should be done in a few hours, I'm just teaching them the basics today."

I grab my keys and purse from the counter and place a kiss on Jaime's lips before walking towards the door.

"Oh, what do you want to do tonight?" Jaime shouts right as I place my hand on the door knob.

I scrunch my eyebrows together and look at him with confusion, "I don't know, what's so special about today?"

He looks around and scratches the back of his neck before smiling, "Um nothing, I was just asking in case one of the guys asks if we want to hang out." He responds.

"Oh, well nothing. So I'm okay with anything." I smile in response before saying 'I love you' and leaving.

I drove down to the bakery and saw all of my employee's cars sitting outside while they stood outside the door, talking and on their phones.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." I say rushing out of my car and to the door to unlock it.

"We've only been out here waiting for like twenty minutes Rae." David comments, receiving a glare in the process.

We all walked in and placed our bags on the counter before going to the back where the learning would begin. I pulled out bowls and mixers then put them in front of each of my "in training" bakers.

"Okay this will be easy; you can't screw this up it's so easy." I say while I hand them each a box of ingredients to begin.

"This is one of my favorites, Butter Beer cupcakes." I smile.

"Oh like from Harry Potter?" Tori asks with a wide smile.

I nod my head in agreement and begin giving them instructions, we were making these by scratch but the process was simple. At least to everyone but Alex.

"You poured it in the wrong bowl." David says to Alex who looks very confused.

"What do I do?" She looks up to me with wide eyes.

"You're gonna have to make a new bowl." I laugh when she makes a face.

"That's it, you're fired." Sarah says getting Alex to shoot her a look as if to say 'Seriously?'

"Oh shit, I can't fire you, I'm not the boss anymore." Sarah mutters to herself.

I laugh and shake my head at their comments to each other while David and Tori keep mixing their things together.

"Arianna, fire her." Sarah says in conclusion.

I laugh and look at Alex whose eyes are wide in worriedness, "I'm not going to fire you Alex." I chuckle getting her to let out a shaky breath.

"I told you guys I'm not good at this."

"We'll just let you stick to waitressing or doing the cash register." I say getting her to nod in agreement.