33. Time Has Brought Your Heart To Me

Rehearsal Dinner

Tomorrow.

That's all I could think of, the fact that tomorrow will be the day I've been waiting for, the day I get to marry my best friend.

I've been at home all day entertaining family members that have flown in from out of state and even out of the country, my Grandma and Grandpa came all the way from Italy to be here and that itself made me entirely happy.

I had met them when I was in Ohio at the family reunion my aunt made since I was back with my dad again, since then I had gotten close to a lot of family members I was kept from.

Speaking Italian is first nature for me when they're here, seeing as they spoke little English, Jaime is trying to learn though which I'm grateful for.

"Babe, I'm going to Vic's really quick to do some last minute things." Jaime says coming into the bedroom where I was dressing Lilah into her outfit for the day.

"Okay have fun." I say with a smile as he walks over to give Lilah and I a kiss goodbye.

"Bye." She says with a wave.

"Bye princess." He smiles before exiting the room.

"We're going to Grandpa's is that okay?" I ask getting her to squirm off the bed and get excited.

"Less go mama." She rushes me.

"Okay I'm coming." I say grabbing my phone and purse.

I buckle her in the car seat and get in the car to begin the drive to my parent's house, they had finally got a home that wasn't too far away from Jaime and I, which was easier when we just wanted to drop Lilah off for the day or night when we wanted to go out.

I pulled up to the two story home and saw all the many cars parked outside, mostly from all my family that's using this time to catch up with one another.

I push the front door open and am immediately greeted by aunts and uncles, Lilah being taken from my arms and passed around, which of course made her happy that she was now the center of attention.

"Mi bella!" My dad says coming to give me a hug.

"Hey everybody!" I say waving to my family members.

I quickly get pushed a plate of Italian breakfast that my grandma made, which didn't get objected, my plate consisted of a cornetto, some eggs and a slice of ham.

Cornetto is the best, my dad would make them for me back in Ohio, it's kind of like a croissant but a bit different, like a little less sweet and with a different top glaze.

"Grandma this tastes amazing." I say giving her a hug.

"Grazie dolcezza." (Thank you sweetie)

"Monkey!" I hear from behind me.

"The only monkey in here is you." I say turning to look at my brother with a glare.

"Yeah keep telling yourself that."

"Dad." I drag out.

"Leo leave your sister alone." He says not even looking away from my uncle.

"Are you nervous?" He asks, swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Duh." I say taking a bite of my ham.

"Good."

I smack his gut and hear and umph come from his mouth which made me grin, "Keep it up Leonardo."