15. Waking Up

Whaaaatttt two chapters within 24 hours?! I'm on a role you guys. I've been writing a new story for you guys and I'm super excited to share it, but it's still a baby and I need it to grow a bit before I publish it. Let me know if you want me to post the Prologue and I will! Okay now back to regular programming.

"Guys you have to let her wake up on her own." I faintly hear above me.

"No fuck that I need at least one person awake here, shake her a bit." I hear another voice who sounded like Mike say.

I felt a light tap on my arm but I couldn't seem to open my eyes, everything I tried to do to open my eyes wouldn't work and I was getting really annoyed at the moment.

"It's not working." I hear a female say.

"Fuck it, wake up Ari." I hear Mike say while he softly shakes my arms.

"Guys come on, they said she has to do it herself." This one was Vic, I'm sure of it.

"Well I'm giving her a little push." Mike replies giving my arm another shake.

I final feel pressure around my eyes release and begin to slowly pull them open, my eyes fluttering and readjust to the sudden bright lights that surrounded the room around me.

"Oh my God Rae." A female exclaims before throwing her arms around my chest, I soon recognized this to be Spencer.

I opened my mouth to speak only to fail in each attempt, "Water give her some water." Vic says motioning towards the water next to Tony.

Tony puts a straw in the cup then brings it over to my mouth so I can sip slowly from the straw, the coldness of the water burned my throat which made me quickly push it away and wince at the pain.

"Your throat is probably hurting huh?" Vic asks getting me to nod softly.

"You should go grab a nurse." Mike suggests to Alysha who quickly walks out of the room.

I take a moment to look at my surroundings and see nothing but white walls, a small television hung on the wall and a beeping monitor next to me which had wires plugged in and ran straight to my arm where needles were stuck into me like I was a machine myself.

I open my mouth and try my best to speak, it came out as an almost inaudible screech but soon enough became audible but just above a whisper, "What's going on, where am I?"

"You're in the hospital Rae." Tony answers.

"Wha-" I begin but am cut off by a woman in purple scrubs coming into my room and over to where my monitors were.

"It's good to see you awake Ms. Vespillo." She smiles while pressing a few buttons to end the constant beeping from the loud monitor.

"Where's Jaime?" I quickly ask to anyone in general.

Spencer looks to Vic who looks to her then back at me, "He's in another room sleeping."

"I need to see him." I say full of determination.

"Oh you can't do that right now sweetie, we have to get you better first before you can get out and see him." The nurse, who I learned was Beth, jumped in to say getting a glare from me in return.

"Okay honey, can you tell me what day it is?"

I look at her as if she were stupid for a second, I'd only just woke up and she expects me to know the answers to these questions when she should be telling me where my boyfriend is, "Um July twelfth." I answer.