21. Because Of You

I locked up the doors to the bakery and said goodbye to my friends before getting in my car to head home, tomorrow we were finally off after this long opening week. We have two closed days of the week and that's Sunday's and Monday's, the way it used to be when Lisa was running things.

When I finally got home I threw my bag on the counter then went to my bedroom to find Jaime and Lilah on the bed watching Finding Nemo, he had his left arm wrapped around her body in case she fell but she was too entertained by what was on the TV.

"Hey guys." I say going over to give Jaime a kiss then around to my side of the bed to give Lilah a kiss too, only for her to completely ignore me and keep her eyes focused on the movie.

"How was work?" He asks as I get comfortable on the bed next to them.

"It was busy." I reply plugging my phone on the charger.

"That's a good thing right?" He asks with a smile.

"Of course! I'm happy that I have business, it's unbelievable." I smile in return.

As soon as I said that my phone began to ring, I looked at the caller ID to see the same number that has been calling me for almost a week.

"Rae, she just wants to see you." Jaime speaks up.

"Why should I go see her? After everything she put me through she doesn't deserve to see me at my best." I say through frustration.

"Because I know you Arianna, you need closure, you need to end this chapter with her and walk away. You don't owe her anything, but you owe it to yourself to be at peace with her."

I looked at him for a minute, he was right, I needed closure, no matter how much I despised this woman, she's a big part of why I am who I am now, the way she treated me built the woman I am today.

"Okay I'll go see her." I whisper.

"I'll go with you."

I got up and changed clothes since mine had flour stains on them and I smelt like dough. I put on a pair of grey shorts with a black lace top that ended just above my naval, I strapped on a pair of black sandals and left my hair down in a curly mess.

I grabbed my bag and phone then lead the way to the car, Jaime buckling Lilah in then got behind the wheel and drove to the hospital my mom's lawyer told us she was at.

When we finally pulled up the hospital and parked, I felt my gut wrench at the thought of seeing her again for the first time 11 years, not including that time at the store during New Years.

I got out and unbuckled Lilah from her car seat then began walking towards the entrance of her building. When we stepped in I was hit with instant cold, the reason I hated hospitals so much, it's like they don't know what a heater is.

We made our way up to the front desk where a young lady with curly brown hair sat staring at her computer screen until she saw me walk up with a fake smile on my face, clearly not wanting to be here, but it was for my own good.

"Yes, how can I help you?" She asks with a smile.

"I was looking to see where Cristelda Grisanti is roomed?" I ask.

She looks through her computer for a second then takes a sticky note from out of her drawer and writes down a number before looking up to me, "She's on the third floor, room three seventy-eight." She answers handing me the purple sticky note with the number scrawled on it.

"Thanks." I say before turning towards my destination.

We exited the elevator then walked towards where her room was, I swear my legs felt like jelly, "I can't do this." I say stopping right in front of the door.