34. Then There's Faith In Love

Wedding Day

Today was the day; all the planning, the running around, taste tests, fittings, all down to this, my wedding day.

I sat looking at myself in the small vanity that was offered by the church we were having the ceremony at, my hair done into a half up half down style with long spiral curls falling down my back.

I told the makeup artist to keep my look to a minimum and so she did, a soft black and lilac smoky eye with my eyeliner making a wing like effect out to the side. My lashes were long and curled perfectly with a light pink blush along my cheek bones and to finish it off, a nude lipstick.

I stood up and looked myself in the long mirror attached to the wall, I absolutely adored my dress. It looked even better on me now that I was dolled up.

I ran my hand along the gown once more before being startled by a knock on the door to the bride's room I was in.

"Can I come in?" I turn to see Daniel, Lisa's son, peek through the door with a smile.

"Yes, yes come in!" I say with excitement.

He comes and gives me a much needed hug, "Wow Ari, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

"Are you nervous?" He asks resting his hands on my shoulders.

"Extremely." I say with a sigh.

"Don't be, you love this guy, you say it every day, just this time you're saying it in front of people."

"Yeah, you're right." I reply with a small smile.

"Well I thought I'd give you something to calm your nerves, this was left in a box of mom's when she passed." He said reaching into the inside pocket of his suit coat.

He pulled out a white envelope and looked at it once before handing it to me; I took the envelope into my shaky hands and looked back at him with tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't cry, can't ruin that makeup, I was going to give it to you after the ceremony but seeing as you're nervous and shaky, this might help a bit."

I then grabbed a hold of his suit and pulled him into a hug immediately having him wrap his arms around me.

"Well I'll go and leave you to read that, and I'll see you after the ceremony Mrs. Preciado." He kisses my cheek and walks out the door shutting it tightly behind him.

I look back at the envelope in my hands and see her handwriting scrawled across the top

To Arianna on her wedding day

I quickly pull out the letter and sit down at the vanity bench again then began to read,

Arianna,

My oh my I can't believe it, you're finally walking down the aisle.

I wish I could be there to watch you take the final walk as a single woman, but our God had other plans. You see I'll be watching from a better view, one that many people wish they had. Don't worry one bit that I won't be there because I am, in your heart is where I live.

From the moment you walked in through my bakery doors I knew I gained an amazing daughter, even if you weren't my own. I am so proud of you Arianna, from going through everything that life has thrown at you to becoming the woman you are today.

My husband Richard and I were married for thirty-four years before he passed and I still continue to love him every day of my life. Marriage is not easy, but if you truly love one another than nothing will conquer your relationship