29. Give Me That Swing

"This thing is fucking heavy!" I shout as we carry the dining table out to the garage.

"You're the one who chose it." Jaime says walking backwards.

"Watch out there's a step right there." I say being his eyes.

We finally walk it out of the house and into the garage, "Shit that was harder than I expected." He mumbles.

We both walk back into the house and grab the chairs that go along with the table and take them to the garage as well, "Mike should be here soon with the tables, so let's get that pool table over there."

We each grab an end of the table and begin our attempt to move it where the dining table was, a knock on the door interrupted us graciously, "Come in!" Jaime shouts, Mike walking in seconds later.

"Hey guys, I brought the tables."

"Thanks bro, we're gonna put them in here if we can just get this pool table over there." Jaime says pointing to the spot we've decided on.

"Well here, let me help you."

Mike gets on the largest side of the pool table while Jaime and I grab on the ends, each of us at the same time lift up the table and carry it to the dining spot, underneath the chandelier.

"Thank you!" I say giving Mike a hug.

"Okay now for the tables." Jaime says.

We set up two poker tables in the front room where the pool table was, one was for playing Black Jack and the other obviously for poker, we had a lot of people coming tonight especially since the invitations were plus one.

Once Mike had left I began work in Jaime's music room, putting a gold shimmery drape in front of his things to cover them but to act as a background for the photo booth that would be in here.

I had spent weeks putting together props for the photo booth, such as signs that read 'The Roaring Twenties' 'Happy New Year' along with a table full of pearl necklaces for the girls and empty champagne bottles.

Once I was done with that room Jaime and I rearranged the living room so Chris could set up his DJ table, and for the dinner table I dressed it up with a black table cloth and covered it with gold confetti, a candelabra in the center with two gold painted champagne bottles on either side of it draped with strings of pearls.

I was going all out.

In the kitchen I had martini glasses lined up for people to use, as well as boxes of empty liquor bottles in boxes to give the effect of having more than we actually did, the actual alcohol was being placed in a big ice tub in the nook of our kitchen where I usually keep mail and junk.

I hung streamers over the stair way with a sign that read 'Speakeasies', usually where people in the twenties would go to get away from the crowd and loud music to talk to people.

It would lead upstairs to our entertainment space where I placed a tall table decorated just like the one downstairs, and another bar area to grab drinks.

"Our house just took a time machine back to the twenties." Jaime says looking around.

"I love it."

"You did great with the decorating babe."

"And you did great with the moving things around without hurting yourself." I giggle.

"Almost dropped a table on my foot but I caught it." He laughs.

"I'm gonna go ahead and go the store and grab some alcohol before everyone buys the good stuff." He says grabbing his keys, placing a kiss on my temple then out the door.