8. I Swear It Will Get Easier

I walked with Jaime down to my apartment door and after unlocking it, invited him in, "You can go ahead and put your bags in the guest room." I say pointing to the door across the entry way.

He smiles and walks past me to the guest room and turns on the light and places his things on the bed. In an instant I remembered the toys and things I have lying in the living room and began to feel my heart pound with nervousness.

"Uh wait in here, I have to clean the living room!" I rush out getting him to laugh.

"Ari, I lived with you, its okay if you have a mess. I know how you live."

I drop my jaw and place my hand over my chest, "That's so rude."

He begins to laugh then walks over to me and places his hands on my hips, he leans down and places a soft kiss on the top of my head, "I'm kidding, go ahead and clean."

I smile in victory then exit the room, shutting the door in the process. I rush over to the living room and begin picking up all of Lilah's toys and stuff them into her toy box then take the toy box and put it in the hall closet along with her play pen.

I clean up a few boxes and put them to the side before deciding it was clean enough, I walked back to the guest room and opened the door to see Jaime sitting on the bed looking at his phone, he looks up at me with a grin, "Are you done Mary Poppins?"

"Yes I'm done." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

He gets off the bed and follows back to the now clean living room and takes a seat on a chair next to the kitchen counter, "Do you want anything to drink? I have water, cokes, Gatorade, wine, and that's it." I say looking through my fridge.

"I'll take coffee if you have it." He says leaning his body over the counter.

"Why of course I have that." I smile going to the Keurig, taking a coffee cup and place it under the nozzle while I put a cup in the machine and press 'Brew'

"So are you going to stay in that dress?" He grins while looking over my attire.

Completely forgetting the fact that I'm still in a ball gown I look down and back up to him and feel my cheeks burn, "Um no, I'll be right back."

I walk back to my room and strip myself from the dress and place a pair of gray sweat pants on along with a black shirt and jacket, I place some ankle fur boots on my feet to keep them warm then let my hair down from the now messy hairdo and wrap it up into a messy bun, not really caring how I really look because the man in the kitchen could care less either.

I walk back into the kitchen and see Jaime stirring cream and sugar into his coffee, "You know it's creepy when you just stare at me." He says over his shoulder making me laugh.

"Sorry I'm just a creepy person." I shrug.

He turns to look at me then hands me a cup of coffee, "Thought you might want some too."

"You know it's creepy how much you still know me so well?" I smile.

"I'll never stop knowing every little thing about you Arianna Rae Vespillo." He smirks then walks past me to sit back down at the counter.

"So how's everything been for you?" He asks while blowing into his cup.

"I guess it's been pretty good, a lot of adjusting to but overall it was good. How about you?" I ask nervous to hear his response.

"Well I left Jessica, I don't have a home at the moment, found out her kid wasn't even mine, I'd say it's been pretty great." He says totally sarcastically.