24. I knew I loved You

Engaged, I've been engaged for exactly one month already and it still feels like a dream.

I'm going to marry my best friend and to say that I'm thrilled would be an understatement because I'm way past that stage.

Today my friends were throwing us an engagement party like we did for Tony and Spencer a few weeks after their engagement. I'm pretty excited to see all my friends and family, plus we were using this as a house warming at the same time since this would be the first time everyone would be coming over now that it's all decorated.

I am now in the process of taking my morning shower, a ritual I don't think I'd ever get out of at this point.

Once I finish rinsing my body down I get out and wrap a towel around my body, then plug in my hair dryer and loosely blow dry my hair to get the natural wave I want.

I exit the bathroom and walk into the closet then look around for what felt like five hours trying to decide on what I want to wear for the day, finally choosing what I want I grab it off the hangers and rummage through my drawer for the shorts I want then quickly change into them.

It was a blue lace crop top that landed just below my breast, I paired that with a pair of white high waist shorts and some matching blue sandals that showed off my freshly painted black toenails that I got done just the other day.

I went back into the bathroom and sat down at my vanity then began to do my makeup, going for a simple winged liner and some powder foundation.

I decided to put my hair in a half up half down style but instead of a plain ponytail I did braids around the crown of my head that ended just where I could tie it up and call it a day.

I slipped on a few pieces of jewelry, my favorite London blue topaz diamond ring with the matching earrings, necklace, and bracelet. Jaime had bought me the set a few weeks ago knowing how much I loved it.

Last but not least I put my engagement ring on then shut off all the lights to the bedroom and walked downstairs to where mine and Jaime's dad were outside cooking the food for tonight.

"Hey daddy." I smile giving him a kiss on the cheek as he turned over some chicken that was on the grill.

"Hey sweetheart." He says kissing my forehead.

Just then Jaime walked out the back door with a very happy Lilah propped in his arms.

"Hey babe." He says as he gets near me.

"Hello." I smile reaching up to place a kiss on his lips.

"Hello my baby doll." I say opening my hands out for Lilah who quickly leans forward for me to take her.

She begins to play with my necklace while I talk to Jaime who was looking over our backyard, "So where are we putting the tables?"

"I was thinking right over there?" Jaime's dad suggests pointing to the empty patch of grass.

Our pool was not dead center of our backyard which in turn became a good thing for days like today, our pool was off to the right near the fence, it took up most of the right side versus the middle and the left side of our yard which was nothing but open grass.

We had put fairy lights on each fence that we'd light up when we used the pool at nights, along with fire torches. A few chairs around the small bon fire pit that Jaime just "had" to get.

"That should be good, who's bringing those?" I ask.

"Chris should be bringing them, he rented some from a party store." Jaime answers still looking over the backyard.