Chapter 2

“Is everything ok Mum?”Louis asks.                               

“Yes just fine darling we here to give good news” Aunt Jay assured. I'm glad it was good news. I was getting worried that something bad was going on.

“Well, what is it?” I furthered, I was quite excited to know what it was and at the same time scared.

“Well it all happened on one nice Sunday afternoon…” Everything good happens on Sunday afternoon. My mom even told me that if she had a choice my last name would be afternoon. But it’s not its Brookwell. O k this is totally off topic focus Sunday.

“Your Aunt Jay and I, were discussing some things and idea popped up” My mom explained.

“What was the idea about?” Louis asked who looked quite curious.

“Marriage” She answered.

Huh? Marriage? What about marriage? I suddenly got nervous, may I ask one more time ‘What’s going on here??’

“Marriage?” Louis repeated.

“Between the both of you…” My mom continued on.

“Between the both of us?” Now it was my turn to repeat things.

“What do you mean between the both of us?” I was both confused and scared.

“By the both of you, I mean that the two of you get married to each other”. WHAAAT!??! SOMEONE SOUND THE ALARM. My eyes were practically bulging out of my head.

Did she just say what I thought she said?

“Are you saying that Sunday and I are arranged to be married to each other?” Louis asked cautiously. He  also looked quite stunned. I hope he’s dizzy as I am.

“Yes” Uncle Mark replied. This has to be joke. They’re not being serious are they? Is it April fools already? No that’s rubbish, its summer and I’m graduating, SINGLE.

“This must be some joke” I scoffed. Looking at my mother hoping she just burst out laughing and say it was some next grad humour or something.

“No Sunday, we’re being serious here.’ She replied with concern.

And now may the snapping begin.

“What do you mean this isn't a joke? When did you think of this? What drove you to do this and how about me? What makes you think that I want to marry him? And the fact that you won't let me choose who I want to marry? " I couldn't stop I was shocked and angry questions and emotions were just pouring out of me. " Are you trying to say that you don't have any confidence in me trying to find a husband? Have you gone mad? The more I spoke the angrier I became. "What were you smoking on that afternoon? You can'y possibly be serious!?!?”I allowed myself to take a deep breath around me everyone was silent. My mum was on the verge of tears and my father didn't even bother to look at me. Jay and Mark were shocked both not bothering to speak up. Annoyed and flustered I left the room to find the nearest bathroom and locked myself in.

Louis POV

 I watched as Sunday stormed out the room. I couldn’t believe it myself, but I should have known. Now everything makes sense, the visits, me not allowed to go out with friends on the day the visits, the constant asking about how I feel about Sunday.

It all made sense.

Too bad I found later rather than sooner.“Louis, please say something?” My mother pleaded.

I could tell she was scared about  telling us their little deal. No wonder she was acting a bit off today. And now I know why she  told me to dress up today too.