Chapter 38

Sunday POV

“So do you want to go?” Kayla looked at me with pleading eyes as if the puppy dog face was going to help in my decision. “You can’t avoid him forever. Come on Sunday it will be fun”

“I’m not avoiding him” It’s been three days after Liam and I’s weird bump in. Harry has invited the boys to his place and wondered if I and Kayla would like to join. Which of course would be nice, the boys have been working hard and it’s almost time for the semi-finals so a break would be good.

But after that conversation with Liam, I’m not so sure anymore. “I don’t know Kayla…”

“Please” She begged.

“Ugh ok fine, we can go”

“Yes! I’ll tell Harry that we’ll be there in half an hour” I sighed, I really wasn’t sure if I should go since there’s obviously something going on that I don’t know about. And usually I wouldn’t care but this time it involves me.

After a few minutes of getting ready we hopped in to Kayla’s car and drove to Harry’s place. Where he lived wasn’t so far from the university so we got there just in time.

Kay knocked on the door which quickly opened. “Hey Kayla, I’m so glad you could make it, everyone is in the living room watching the telly.” He told her inviting her inside.

“Oh hey Sunday almost didn’t see you there” Of course he didn’t he was so focused on Kayla he almost closed the door on me. There’s definitely something going on between those two.

“Hey Harry” I said walking inside. I let the sound of the telly and the noise of people chattering guide me towards the living room. And there I saw the boys watching a game of football.

How typical.

On the corner of the couch I saw Liam and Louis sitting beside each other both in conversation. Well definitely not sitting there unless I want to drown myself with awkwardness. I took a seat between Zayn and Niall who both looked really into the game.

But I don’t know what’s more awkward, sitting beside tow football fanatics, a boy and girl who have obvious feelings for each other or two boys who confuse you.

After the football game ended Harry suggested that we start on making lunch. We all agreed on making something simple, and what’s more simple than spaghetti. Harry and Kayla decided on making the pasta while Zayn and Niall decided on helping with the meatballs.

The rest were asked to help set up the backyard.

Joy.

I stepped out in the patio and took in the view. It was a very nice backyard. On the side I noticed Louis and Liam clearing things from the picnic bench.

I walked up to them. “Hey is there anything I could help with?”

“Hey Sunday” Louis smiled, and it seemed genuine maybe I was overacting with the whole awkwardness. “Yeah could you bring the table cloth over by the door? And then help us lay it out”

I followed his directions and picked up the cloth at where he told me it would be. I came back and the three of us laid it out. I went back inside and got out the plates, Liam went to help Louis with getting out the drinks.

I finished laying out the plates and sat down on the patio steps. I heard the door slide open and someone sitting beside me. I noticed that it was Liam.

“Hey Sunday how are you?”

“I’m fine how about you?” He was gazing out into the woods that were behind the backyard.