Chapter 53

Please vote and comment below.

We start with Sunday.....

Sunday’s POV

I wake up not knowing where I am. My eyes adjust to the fluorescent lights, the whirring sounds around me. Then I remember that I am in the hospital and I went to sleep after crying from the news of Rimmie. I still can’t believe that he’s gone I knew that he needed help that he needed to learn to let go. But this isn’t what I wanted at all; I didn’t want him to die. Of course I’m upset with him and I am disgusted by his actions. But I know that deep down inside he’s still the same Rimmie who would prank you, joke around and hold you whenever you were down.

Tears slip down my face as I recall of the memories of Rimmie, why did he have to leave? I was shocked when they told me that he died of heavy overdose. Is that what he resulted to? Did anyone know about this? Who was taking care of him? Did anyone care? Did I care? Of course I did. Then why didn’t you call? Why didn’t you check up on him? You had the chance but you ignored it. You ignored him.

“Stop!” I yell out, my mind has been doing this ever since I heard the news. Am I to blame? Should I have been more careful when it came to Rimmie?

My parents came to visit me. Seeing their face was just what I needed after that day. They cried and I cried with them, I explained to them and the detective my side of the story. Before they left I asked about Louis, they told me that he was doing fine and was recovering. I was glad to hear that at least another one of us was doing well. A few hours later Kayla came to see me. The minute our eyes met we burst out crying together for the death of our friend. She asked the same question that were going through my head, was it our fault? Could we at least do something? Were we too harsh?

She stayed with me for a while, we ended up faling asleep and was awaken when a nurse explained that visiting hours were over. The next day the boys came to see me, they have already saw Louis who was also up. They gave me condolences about Rimmie but they were bitter about it. They also told me that Louis wanted to visit me but the doctors felt it was best that we had some space. Of course I didn’t agree but I was bed ridden so I really didn’t have say.

I take some deep breaths and focus and going back to sleep. That what I need after all of this chaos, some rest. I close my eyes only for me to open them back again.

“Ms. Brookwell there’s someone here to visit you” Nurse Clara tells me.

“Ok bring them in” I sit up and wait for the person to come in. A woman walks in the room it takes me a few seconds to realize who it was.

“Maria” Rimmie’s mother a woman that I’ve have loved and respected. My stomach churns at the sight all of the guilt I feel resurfaces, I feel ashamed looking at her. Maybe if I did something differently her son would be alive. I just can only imagine the feelings going through her body. She has a question, that’s for sure. She wants an explanation why did her son die? What happened that cause this? Could this be avoided? Some of these questions I don’t even have the answers to.

“Hello Sunday, how are you doing?” Her soft voice gives me comfort. I study her face, she’s hurting, she’s tired and depressed. Worry lines  are thicker and the bags under her eyes are deeper.

Who is to blame for this beautiful woman’s distress?

“I’m fine…” I was about to ask her how she was but I know that there's no point. How can you be fine if your only son died?