Chapter 5

Sunday’s POV

I put behind the chaos that was going on in my life and focused on what was happening in my school life. It was the only thing so far that wasn’t either scaring me, giving me a heart attack or making me rethink my life. It was soon going to be graduation day and I’m ready. I’ve already gone to the prom which was amazing me and Kayla had so much fun. I wish I could go back to that night again, I was technically single and happy. Oh well, now I’m engaged, how quickly life turns. Today was a half-day for the senior’s since we are graduating tonight, even though people are at school it’s practically a free day we are all planning to skip and just chill, well me and my friends.

“Hey engaged girlie!” Kayla practically yelled at me from her locker which was across from mine. She quickly walked up to me.

“Would you keep it down, not everyone needs to know” I shushed her. I was earning a couple of quizzical looks from people.

“Oh sorry, my bad” She giggled “So are you ready for tonight?”

“Like the fact that we are finally out of this hell hole, heck yea!” I exclaimed. As much as I respect this school, I want to get out. I mean think about it, no more homework, well stupid not really useful homework. Cause technically in Uni you still have homework.

“Can you believe it Sunday we’re going to be in Uni, the same Uni for that matter” Kayla realised. It was true these years did come exceptionally fast. I swear it was yesterday when I was a freshman.

And now I’m graduating.

“No Kayla, I can’t believe it” I told her.

“But you know what the best part is?” She asked

“No what?” I asked her.

“That we’re going to University together that’s what!” She giggled. It was true when we found out we were going to the same Uni, we totally freaked out so we started making plans for dorm rooms and all that.

I smiled back at her. “How could I forget?”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I came back from school to start getting ready for grad. There isn’t much to do anyways since we had our prom, but there’s nothing wrong with looking your best. I started thinking about the valedictorian speech, no I wasn’t going to give it, if I did, it would go something along the lines of ‘let’s get out if here already, and I hate you all’ which in my preference would be hilarious but to my parents and teacher’s not so much. I remember my uncle telling me that dad’s valedictorian speech went along the lines of that; I really wish I heard it. I  heard a knockon the door.

“Come in” It was my mom, which made my heart race. Over the whole experience I've been having I started to find that my mom never really gave great news at my door.

“Hey mum, what’s up” I asked. Please just be an emotional lecture, please.

“Hey, I just came to see how you’re doing” She sounds nervous, maybe it is an emotional lecture.

“Oh just getting ready’ I smiled at her. She returned a small smile.

“Oh, well I just wanted to say that, I’m proud of you” and ladies and gentlemen, it’s an emotional lecture. “I mean I swear it was just yesterday you were freaking out about if you had the right school utensils for high school.” I chuckled it was true I did freak out for the silliest things, like if I had the right blue pen.

“You can’t blame me, I was quite scared” I reminded her. “I know, I know, now look you’re off to Uni, I just wish you were a baby again.” I’m pretty sure you don’t want that mum.