Chapter 17

Avoiding:  a·void

əˈvoid/Submit

Verb

Gerund or present participle: avoiding

Keep away from or stop oneself from doing (something).

Example:

"Avoid excessive exposure to the sun"

That is exactly what I was doing for this whole week avoiding everything or anything that involved Rimmie. I just couldn’t face just thinking about him makes me sad and then after a while angry. When Kayla went to ask him if he wanted to join us to go the arcade he happily said yes but when Kayla told him about Louis joining us he said no and slammed the door. I just wish he tell the damn reason why he doesn’t want to be around Louis. It’s infuriating me, and I’m not going to lie I miss him a lot, I just wish he stop being so angry.

This week was a break week so I and Kayla are getting ready to go back home. I’m quite excited I missed my parents. I called up Louis and he said that he would be home on the Monday, I asked if he told his mother about the X-Factor and he said he’s getting around it. I can tell that he’s scared about telling his mum about his sudden change in plans.

“Well I packed everything that I need what about you, are you ready for the week?” Kayla asked. She’s the most excited about going back home she’s missed her family. She constantly gets call from her sisters and mum.

“Yea I think I got just about everything that I need” I said putting the last items in my bag. We were leaving today and we wanted to leave in a few minutes so that we won’t meet any traffic along the way.

“Are you ready SunSun?” I nod and pick up my bags and head out the door.

“Can you believe we’ve been here for a good two months?” I ask Kayla.

“Yea I know right, it feels like we’ve been here for a year” Kayla agreed. I watch as she walks the opposite way from the school parking lot exit.

“Kay I think we need to go this way” I tell her nodding towards the right way.

“Umm why don’t we take a detour, yeah?” Kay said. A detour?

“Uh yeah sure” I followed her as we walked I saw other students getting ready for the week off and heading home.  As I followed Kayla I realized that we were walking towards the guy’s hall. Where Rimmie’s dorm is…… I stopped walking.

“Where are we going Kayla?” She looked back and had this small smile on her face, her way of telling me that where we are obviously going isn’t somewhere I would like to be.

“Look Sunday you need to face him, the both of you need to face each other it’s frustrating for the both of you, I know you miss him and that he misses you and I hate being in the middle of my best friends… just please” I didn’t think about Kayla being in the middle of all this, I feel so ashamed for not even realising that this fight between I and Rimmie is hurting her.

“I’m so sorry Kayla I didn’t think about you being in the middle of all this” I apologized.

“Oh don’t worry about it, just let’s get this sorted out as much as we can ok?” I know that she wants to sort this out but I just have a feeling that it isn’t going to be as easy she wants it to be.

We kept walking towards the dorm as we came closer to the dorm my heart started to beat faster, I was scared of what’s going to happen. We entered the room it still looked the same messy and smelled the same like Rimmie’s cologne.

“Are you in here Rimmie?” Kay asked looking at the same mess I was seeing. The room looked like his closet vomited everything was everywhere.

“What are you doing here?” I turned around to see Rimmie at the doorpost he looks as if he just had a shower and he didn’t have a shirt on.