Chapter 19

Louis’ POV

It’s a Tuesday night and tonight I and my parents are going to Sunday’s place for dinner. I honestly didn’t feel like going there and I don’t think I can handle looking at her face. Today is probably the day when my parents will find out, I wish Sunday’s mum could just call and break the news to my mum instead of inviting us to a dinner. At least if she did that I wouldn’t have to see Sunday’s face and that would probably save her from the misery.

“Louis are you ready?” My mum called out from outside my room. She’s been giving me my space ever since the day I came home, she  tried getting my step dad to talk to me but I always brushed it off telling them I was fine.

“Yeah just a minute” I called back. I don’t understand why I’m acting like this I sound like I just had a break up or witnessed Sunday cheating on me. Was she cheating on me? It’s not like we were actually dating, but we are in an arrangement so in a way she was right? I shake my head from the thoughts and walk out the door. I nodded at my parents indicating that we could go. We got into the car and started driving towards the Brookwell’s residence.

“Louis are you sure everything is alright?” My mum asked like for the fifth billion time this week. Usually I would answer with an annoyed yes, but this time I knew what was coming up soon, so instead of answering I just shrugged.

“Do you want to talk about it?” My mum asked again, glad that she made a breakthrough.

“Maybe later” I shrugged again. I wanted to tell my parents but I felt that there would be clearer explanation of why she chose to end the arrangement other than she has a boyfriend, I just feel like there’s something else.

We finally reached our destination. I got out of the car last I slowly walked towards the door. My mum noticed and urged me to hurry we stopped at the front door. I hear my mum whisper in my ear.

“Whatever it is your dealing with we can deal with it later alright?” I gave her a wry smile. I guess she was right whatever I’m dealing with would be handled later. The door opened and mum greeted Aunt Tessa and Uncle Steve, she didn’t even bother greeting me. I said my hello’s also and headed towards the living room, I would have gone to the patio but it’s quite cold out.

“Hey Louis” I turn around to see a smiling Sunday. Maybe she feels obligated to do that.

“Hey” I muttered back. Her face fell a little, good she’s probably thinking that I found out.

“Is everything alright Louis?” She asked as I head towards the couch and sit down.

“I’m great, just wonderful” I said sarcastically, why is she still talking to me? She should she go upstairs and talk to her boyfriend, I mean we all know that she doesn’t really want to talk to me.

“Are you upset about something?” What is she doing? trying to rub it in my face or something? Why won’t she stop talking? She’s getting irritating.

 “No I’m fine” I tell her not even bothering to look back at her. She’s rubbing it in, trying to make me feel bad, her boyfriend probably told her how pathetic I looked when he told me. I sure as hell felt pathetic…

“Did I uh…did I do something to you?” She asked innocently. She’s a great actress, she should take some of my drama classes but unfortunately I’m quite annoyed with her charade.

“You’re real funny you know that? Real funny…but you don’t need to act like you don’t know anything, it’s really annoying and quite rude so if you please can stop talking to me that would be great because we both know that you don’t want to” I bite back.