Sunsets

My whole day is spent sulking in the white room. I figure it must be his because he keeps coming in and out. Each time he sees me staring into space, he leaves the room again. I've tried multiple times to mind-link my pack, but I can't; he must have blocked it. Or something else happened, but I don't want to even think of that right now. I can't.

He enters the room again but this time, I look up at him. He returns my gaze, looking at me before looking away. He walks to the kitchen and I hear him messing with things. He comes back out with a sandwich and a water bottle.

"Hungry?" he asks. I nod hesitantly before he walks over to me and hands it over. I gladly down a gulp of the water and then bite into my sandwich. I sigh in content.

He sits in the same chair that he sat in the first time he came in. I stand up and walk toward the wall of glass. I look outside.

"The sunset is even more beautiful, reminds me of the good I can be." I turn to face him and he's giving a small smile, but there's a sadness behind it. I frown before turning back.

"It is beautiful," I whisper, smiling at the horizon. The big orange sun burning aglow is surrounded by beautiful colors, pink, purple, red, and orange. A colorful sunset. More beautiful than the sunrise.

I see his reflection in the mirror. He stands up and walks to me, but right when he's about to reach me, he sighs and turns away. He walks out of the room again and the door closes quietly behind him. I sigh.

"Oh, great Moon Goddess, what have you done?" I whisper.