Tears

I walk into Beck's office.

"You look nice." He looks up at me and then back to his work. I frown.

"I would hope so. They made me try on clothes for an hour." I groan. "A whole hour," I say slowly. I walk over to the window across from his desk. I stare outside. I whimper, wanting to go for a run. I feel arms wrap around my waist. He kisses my cheek.

"Sorry. But you are on house arrest," he explains.

"Since when are we on good terms?" I scoff.

He smirks. "Since I almost got you into bed. Plus, I already told you I didn't mean to harm your pack. They just got in the way." He frowns.

A tear rolls down my cheek. "I want to believe that."

"Then believe it. Because it's the truth." His frown deepens.

"How did my pack get in the way?" I ask.

He sighs before tugging his hand through his hair. "I was on a search for my mate. At the time, I didn't know it was you. I smelled you, or your pack. I went and followed it. I snuck into the house and they hadn't caught me until I was about to walk up the steps to the Alpha's suite. Your father attacked me. He apparently didn't want me near you. Being as I am feared by all. I needed to get to you, so I mind-linked my pack to come. At that time, they were caught, so they fought their way to the pack house.

"I couldn't leave my pack undefended. It's my duty to protect them, just as it's their's to protect me. I punched your father and he fell unconscious. I ran down to the bottom floor to protect my pack. They had shifted and your father walked in in his wolf form, so I shifted, too. We walked toward each other and we started growling. I charged at him, but then I saw you. So beautiful, standing there, staring at us. I stopped and looked at you and he attacked me. I had to get to you, your father was an obstacle." He frowns and looks at me. "I'm sorry."

I bite my lip to stop from crying, but a tear rolls down my face anyway. He stands up and hugs me. I sob into his chest. "Shhhh. No, you're okay. Don't cry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'd do anything to take it back. You see me as a monster, and I see me broken when you do." He kisses my head. I sob even more and clutch onto his shirt. Sobs rack my body and he whispers comforting words to me.