A Change In Things

I haven't talked to Beck since he told me why he killed my father. It's my fault that my father died. He gave me my own room down the hall. I always have the door locked, and I don't talk to him or let him in.

There is a knock at my door. "Alexia?" I don't answer him. "Can I come in?" Again, he is greeted by silence. I hear him sigh and walk away. I sigh and stand up, walking to my mirror. I stare into the mirror and a tear escapes my eye. There is another knock at my door.

"Luna Alexia?" I flinch. He told people I'm his mate. I sigh and wipe away the fallen tear and walk to the door. I unlock it and open the door. There is a girl at my door with a tray of food.

"Alpha told me you won't eat, so I brought up some food." I walk away. "Luna, you need to eat."

I sigh and sit down on my bed. "Okay. Fine." She smiles and walks to me. She places the tray in front of me. "I don't know what you like yet, so I just made you a sandwich. Is that okay? Ugh, of course it's not. You're the luna. You—" I interrupt her.

"It's fine." I smile.

"What?" She looks at me.

"I said, it's fine. Thank you." I smile. She sighs a sigh of relief and laughs.

"Okay. Would you like anything else?" she asks.

I shake my head. "No. The sandwich is enough. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Luna Alexia," she responds. I flinch again.

"Please. Call me Lexi." She nods. "Thank you."

She smiles and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. I bite into the sandwich.

"Oh, so good," I moan.

My door creaks open and I turn to look, thinking she forgot something. "Did you need—" I cut myself off when I see Beck. "What do you want?" He walks to me.

"I just wanted to check on you." He gives a sad smile.

"Well, geez. Beck, I'm fine! Not running a fever, I don't have the flu, I don't have silver in my veins. Now go," I say quickly.

He sighs. "You know that's not what I'm talking about, Alexia."

"What, then? What could you possibly mean?!" I yell at him.

"You know what I mean, Alexia." He sighs.

"I'm fine," I whisper. He looks at me, giving me the "I know you're lying" look. I break down and he runs to me, enveloping me in his arms. "I'm the reason my father died. It's my fault. He was trying to protect me," I sob into his chest.

"No. Don't say that, Alexia. It's not your fault," he coos.

I pull away. "No, it is. It's my fault. I don't deserve to be loved.  Reject me." I look down.

"No," he says softly.

"Do it."

"No," he says again sternly. I look up at him.

"Why?" I wipe away my tears.

"Because, Alexia. This past week has been so horrible without you. I miss you. I know I never want to lose you. Alexia, I love you." I look up at him at the last part. He nods. "I do. Alexia, I love you, I know I don't know you, but I can honestly say that I love you and I want nobody else but you, as my mate, to stand beside me as Luna of my pack." He opens his mouth to say more but I shut him up by leaning toward him and crashing my lips onto his. It takes him a second to register what's going on but he catches up rather quickly. He places his hand on my cheek and pulls away. He smiles.

He searches my eyes before gently placing his lips on mine. This time, I pull away and I grab his hand in mine. I look down at our entwined fingers. "I love you, too, Beck." He places his other hand under my chin and lifts my face to his. He searches my eyes. I nod. "I love you." He smiles and stands up, pulling me with him. He picks me up and spins me in a circle. He kisses my cheek and places me back down on the ground.

"Will you be my mate, Alexia, stand beside me, Beck, the Alpha of the MoonCrescent Pack, as the Luna?" he asks. I take it over in my head before slowly nodding. A wide grin breaks over his face.

"Really?" he asks, obviously shocked.

I nod, smiling. "Yes."

"You would love a monster like me?" He smiles.

I laugh. "Beautiful sunrises, they remind me of the good in you."  He smiles and grabs my waist, pulling me to him. He lowers his head down to mine and pecks my lips. 

He smiles into the kiss and I do, too.