♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️

Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays
🔹🔹🔹🔹

* * Nicole's POV * *

   Writing a surprise essay was not what I had hoped for on a Monday. Why couldn't it be Tuesday?

I swear all the teachers are out to make our lives miserable. Half of our class is either asleep or still in weekend mode.

Monday has a sadness and stress cloud that shines over our school. Every Monday consists of tests, pop quizzes, and lectures.

I'd rather have the lectures than anything else but they are so boring.

Once I counted my English teacher, Ms. Cast, say a total of 367 um's and uh's in one class.

I guess you could say it's a good waste of time instead of doing work but it's hard for the class to stay awake so we always get in trouble.

"I'm just messing with you kids. No essay!" Ms. Cast said.

The class practically jumped out of their seats.

"b**ch" one of the popular girls, Ashley, said.

Ashely was the girl everyone in the school, except Bridget and I, wanted to be. She had, according to others, perfect blonde hair, blue eyes, had a crazy figure and filled out greatly at her chest. All the guys wanted her.

Not only this but Ashley was  the meanest girl in the school. She talked smack about everyone.

Ms. Cast, being completely oblivious to Ashley, continued to write on the white board. As she finished writing down the agenda the swung door open and hit the wall with a bang. Followed by that was a guy who shouted "F**k!"

The entire class including Ms. Cast, but excluding me, jerked their head to the door.

I finished writing some notes down from the papers that Ms. Cast passed out at the beginning of class and looked at the door. To my surprise Jake stood their staring at me with such hate and aggression in his eyes.

What was HE doing here?!?

"Excuse me Mr." Ms. Cast spat at him, "In this class there is no cussing allowed."

Jake rolled his eyes and handed her a piece of paper.

Ms. Cast sighed, "welcome to English. Take a seat where ever there is an open seat and once you are seated I'll hand you all the papers from earlier in the year."

Great..... Just what I need.... Jake in my English class....

Jake walked to the back of the class, where Ashley and the other popular people were, and took a seat.

Ms. Cast handed him loads of papers that she had given us earlier. I could hear him grunt as she put the papers on his desk.

Ms. Cast then walked back to the front and began teaching the class. Lately she had been complaining that we have not been using apostrophes correctly and decided we need to be taught how to use them.

The class continued as Ms. Cast wrote a furious amount of notes on the board and we were supposed to copy them down but only a few other students, plus me, were actually paying attention and taking notes.

Someone from the back of the room scooted their chair against the floor and began to walk to the front of the class room. The footsteps came closer and closer to me, I feared it would be Jake taking his first punch at the back of my head, but with all likelihood that would not happen.

As the footsteps seemed to only be inches away from me, the sound of the footsteps muffled and seemed to have tripped over something, I assume a backpack. Before I could do anything a waterfall of hot liquid came pouring down all over me and my five pages of notes.

The liquid dripped into my eyes causing them, and my skin to burn.

Who on earth has a drink this hot?

Shocked, I slowly turned around to find Ashley holding a foam cup from Dunkin Dounuts and laughing her head off on the floor.

Of course this would happen to me.

Ms. Cast turned around once the class was cracking up and rushed to my aid. She started to dry my eyes and then worked her way to the rest of my face. My hands were wet and sticky so trying to wipe off anything from my face would have only made it worse.

After she was finished she sent me to the nurse, only after handing me copies of her notes, and gave Ashley a detention.

What Ashley did was no accident, there was absolutely nothing in her way that would have caused her to trip. The only logical explanation for this was that she had done it on purpose. Maybe even Jake was involved but who knows.

As I exited the classroom I quickly looked to the back of the classroom to find Jake high five Ashley which was followed by a kiss.

I quickly turned away and marched out of the room. As I walked away I heard Ms. Cast shout "Jake! Detention!"

My eye brows furrowed and an evil grin slid onto my face, this means war.

* * * *

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose
XOXO ❤️