♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️

Chapter 37 || Listen
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

"Look who decided to show up today," Ashley snorts, "After that sinful dress you were wearing, I thought you'd be hiding your face in shame.

"The dress wasn't sinful, it was how you looked in it," Bridget says looking me up and down, pursing her lips ever so slight;y.

"Do you two have something better to be doing with your time?" I question.

"So, you're admitting you're a waste of our time?" Ashley snorts with a laugh.

I groan as I walk to my locker, "I mean..."

"You mean to admit that you're a worthless piece of junk that was accidentally spawned onto this planet out of sheer greed from your parents?" Bridget spits out with a hiss.

I stop my tracks as if a knife was just shoved into my body.

I took a deep breath before turning to face her.

Bridget had a smug look on her face, I wanted nothing more than to beat it right off her face.

"You want to hit me, don't you?" Bridget asks smugly, knowing exactly what I'm thinking, "I was your friend, your best friend and betrayed you. You hate me," Bridget antagonizes.

I take a deep breath, control yourself.

"I don't hate you," I calmly say and walk away.

I hear Bridget grunt, "Come back and fight me, you wimp!"

I ignore her and continue walking. I spot Jake at the end of the hall and when he notices me he gestures for me to come over, but he knew I was walking over to him anyway.

I spot Alice and wave to her, she waves back.

"You b!tch!" I hear Bridget shout and all of a sudden I was knocked to the ground.

I let out a loud grunt as my face hits the floor with a loud thud.

Jake and Alice notice Bridget on top of me and instantly makes their way over to me.

"Get off of me!" I shout at Bridget as she sits on my back pushing my head into the cold floor and pulling my hair like a five year while yelling and screaming hate towards me. 

Seconds later Jake and Alice pry Bridget off of me.

I stay on the ground letting my mind and vision focus.

I take a deep breath before turning myself over and pulling myself to sit up tall.

Alice holds Bridget back but she spits down at me while Jake rushes down to help me sit steady.

"Why?" I question as I wipe off her spit.

"Because I hate you." She says.

I heard a huff of anger come from next to me and before I could stop him, Jake was up. He wound his arm back ready to punch Bridget right in the face when Principle HillWater shouts, "What is going on here?"

Jake grunts as he lets his hand down, not even trying to hide the fact that he almost punched the daylight out of her.

Bridget looked absolutely mortified for a split second until she started playing the victim, "Principle HillWater. Thank goodness! I was minding my own business when they ganged up on me!"

Principle HillWater glares, "Do you think I'm an idiot? Lying will not be tolerated in my school and neither will fight or bullying. All of you to my office now."