♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️

Chapter 27 || It Was You
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

The feeling of the freezing water washed over me caused me to scream.

"Stay with me Nicole" I hear Jake pant, "Don't you dare leave me."

The wind was blowing against my face and my body was shaking in Jake's arms, not because I was cold - no I was way past that, I was numb - but because Jake was running while holding me in his arms.

I looked up to Jake who was soaking wet and shirtless, I looked down at myself wrapped in his coat and clothes.

"J-J-Jake..." I tried to say as I faded in and out of consciousness.

"Shhh... save your energy" He said as he pulled me closer to his chest, sharing his body heat with me.

I felt paralyzed and helpless to do anything.

"You're going to be okay Nicole, I promise" Jake reassures "I'll never let anything happen to you again. I promise!"

And then I blacked out.

My heart raced as I tossed and turned.

I began to sweat as fear washed over me. The memory of falling into the water haunted me.

The cold dark water surrounding every inch of me and two hands grabbing me out of no where, the feeling of being on the brink of death...

My eyes shot open as Jake shook me out of my nightmare, "Nicole wake up!"

I coughed as my body felt like it had just been drowned.

My mind kept replaying the nightmare as I put my hand to my head and Jake pulled me into a hug - his strong, warm arms wrapping around me.

"It was just a bad dream" He says as he rubs my back.

Just a bad dream... Just a bad dream... Just a....

I furrowed my eyes in confusion, it wasn't a dream... I burrow my head into his chest, "but it was real!!"

Jake only sighs as he comforts me.

But those hands coming out of no where... I don't remember them...

I pull my back from against his head, "Jake..."

"mhmm" he whispers.

"It was you..." Is all I say.

"What are you talking about?" Jake questions, "I know your mind is kinda scattered everywhere, usually I can put the pieces together but I am so lost right now Princess."

"It was YOU" Is all I can say, "You..." I say with deep breaths "You saved me when I fell through the ice.

Jake looks back at me with a blank stare - he doesn't blink except his lip gives a small twitch.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

Jake brushes his hand through his hair, "Because..." he paused to think "I don't know."

I pull Jake into a hug and start to cry, not from fear or sadness but from happiness.

"Thank you Jake" I say through sobs, "Thank you"