♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️

Chapter 29 || But It's Winter
🔹🔹🔹🔹
*Nicole's POV*

It's been a week since I went to see Wonder Woman at the movie theatre. A week since I've held Jake's hand. A week since I've meet Alice and a week since I've seen Bridget.

I walk into history and find an unfamiliar person sitting at the table. Usually, I sit alone...

I notice it's a girl wearing a dark black beanie, a blue hoodie and white ripped jeans.

I couldn't see her face or hair color because her head was facing down and she was, what looked like, drawing in a notebook.

I took a deep breath as I walked to my seat.

I put my backpack on the table and sat down.

She looked up with a smile and the second our eyes met our mouths dropped.

"Nicole?!"

"Alice?!"

We shout simultaneously.

"I didn't know you go here?" She asked with excitement.

"Same with you!" I say with a smile.

"I just moved here" She paused "God the rest of this year is going to be bomb!"

I chuckle.

"Ahhh Nicole, I see you already know our new student Alice Lane," my history teacher says as he walks into the class, "I am Mr. Herbert and Welcome to history."

Mr. Herbert begins teaching and as soon as he turns his back Alice begins to whisper, "So anything new news with Mr. Bad Boy?"

I turn to her "Shhhh"

She rolls her eyes in a playful manner, "Have you guys kissed?!"

"Shh Alice" I take a deep breath "and No we haven't. We aren't dating."

She raises an eyebrow "mmmhmmm" she hums as she snaps her fingers.

"Pay attention" I shove her with a smile.

She gives me a wink as she finally listens to Mr. Herbert.

I continue taking notes throughout the entirety of the class. Alice seemed to be writing... more like doodling... in her notebook. I wondered what.

As the bell rang she turned to me and asked "Hey need a ride home? We can stop to get ice cream at Dairy Queen or something."

"Yeah, sure!"

"You sure lover boy won't mind?" She taunts.

I roll my eyes, "I mean besides that I temporarily live at his house which makes it a convenience for him, I'm sure he won't mind"

Her mouth drops "Wait... hold the phone! You are living with him?!"

I take a deep breath as I remembered I didn't tell her that piece of information at the theatre.