♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️

Chapter 46 || Act Casual
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

I sat in English writing all my notes down my notebook. Its a wonder my hand hasn't fallen off yet.

Soon enough the bell rang signaling the end of class.

As Jake and I were about to leave Ms. Cast calls me over.

I tell Jake to meet me by my locker before heading to Ms. Cast.

"Sit," She says nicely as she gestures to an empty desk chair, "Nicole I wanted to talk to you about your work. I've noticed you've been handwriting your work and haven't been submitting your online work. Is everything okay?"

"Oh yeahh... My mom took-" I coughed, "uh broke my laptop... on accident."

She looks at me skeptically before taking in my words, "Can I offer you some extra credit to boost up your grade?"

"Yes please!" I plead knowing my grade has dropped since my mom has come home.

She hands me some papers before explaining the assignment to me.

"Thank you," I say cheerfully as I put the papers in my backpack before heading out of the classroom and to my locker.

I see Jake casually leaning against my door twiddling on his phone surrounded by Alice and the rest of the boys.

"How does it feel to be Liam free for a whole week!" Alice cheers as I enter the group's circle, "Putting a restraining order on him was the best thing you could've done!"

"I couldn't agree more," I say with a smile, "What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"We're probably just going to chill and hang out somewhere. I wish you could come!" Alice stats with a frown.

"You have no idea how much I want to be with you guys. Literally." I say while crossing my eyes.

"I'm taking you home," Jake demands as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"What?"

"I'm taking you home today" He restates.

"Jake you know my mom-"

"Oh I don't care what she says. If she lands a finger on you I'll punch her so hard that she'll fly all the way to the north pole." Jake says as he playfully tightens his grip around me.

I roll my eyes, "You'll say anything to flex on your strength."

"Hey if you got it flaunt it," He says with a snap of his hand.

I laugh.

Then his face gets serious, "But I'm seriously not joking."

"Oh believe me. I know you aren't." I say as I stand on my toes to kiss his cheek.

I notice a faint blush appear on his face as I pull away.

He's too precious.

We all say our goodbyes before exiting the school.

Jake holds my hand, and I follow him as we run to his motorcycle.

I hope onto his bike when Jake says with a wink, "Don't forget your helmet! Safety first."

I laugh as I put on the helmet.

When Jake gets on his bike I tightly wrap my arms around his waist and ask, "Hey Jake can you drive slowly so we have more time before I have to go home?"

He turns with a grin, "Or we can drive fast but longer."

I laugh as Jake's motorcycle roars to life.