♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️

Chapter 44 || TLC
🔹🔹🔹🔹

{Really Quick Author's Note}

II don't like to do A/N at the beginning but I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and positivity. 

They really have helped.

Today was a really really bad day today so I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Love you all and thank you <3 

Without further ado, I bring you Operation Stay Alive Chapter 44!

* * Nicole's POV * *

"And that's our book vs. movie comparison of  The Power of One," I say as Jake and I end our English presentation. 

The class did their routine end of presentation applause before we sat down.

I huffed as I sat in my chair, "I think we got an A"

Jake laughed as he sat in the chair next to me, "I think it's safe to say we got an A" and I smiled back at him.

The rest of the class did their presentations and soon enough the bell was ringing signaling the end of school, which means time to go to the library with Jake.

To work on our reflection essay of course.

The class quickly empties and I walk to my locker, telling Jake I will meet him at the Library when I am done.

I open my locker and grab my backpack shoving everything inside of it. 

"Hey, Nicole, you did a great job on the presentation today," I hear from behind me.

I shut my locker door and turn around to find Ashley. Her voice wasn't malicious or sarcastic, it was genuine which threw me completely off.

"Umm... Thanks" I say with awkwardness to it.

Not only did her voice throw me off but she looked completely different. She wasn't wearing her usual show off popular girl attire. Instead, her hair was up in a neat ponytail and she was wearing casual comfy clothes... not judging... just surprised.

She takes a deep breath before speaking again, "Nicole I wanted to apologize for everything I put you through. It was an awful thing to do, and honestly, I have no idea why I did all that you. I don't expect you to forgive me but I just wanted to apologize and let you know that I am done with all that now."

I stare blankly at her not knowing what just happened, "Thank you for your apology, but out of curiosity why the sudden change of heart?"

She sighed, "Being apart of the cheerleading team was turning me into some kind of a jerk and the longer I was hanging around Bridget and Liam... I was turning into a monster. At Prom when I saw you and Jake dancing, it was like realization all of a sudden hit me. Bridget and Liam were trash talking and plotting as usual and I thought what am I doing this for? You never did anything to me!"

Tears began to form in her eyes as she continued speaking, "I was trying to make you miserable and destroy your happiness for no reason at all. I don't want to be like that anymore," she paused for a moment, "I just wanted to let you know that I no longer associate myself with Bridget and Liam, and I quit the cheerleading team. I'm turning over a new leaf, and I am so very sorry for everything."