♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️

Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then
🔹🔹🔹🔹
**Nicole's POV**

Jake parked his Ferrari and opened the funky door to let me out.

"Thanks" I murmured while moving a piece of hair out of my face.

Jake grunted as he shut the door. This is the second time Jake is forced to be with me. The first was boxing, now it's Christmas shopping.

Between you and me I think Jake is just about ready to strangle me.

I hang my head low as I clutch my over the shoulder purse.

"Hey" Jake says as he shoves me slightly "Hold your head high. Don't let others see you scared."

I swallow a huge lump in the back of my throats and hold my head higher.

Jake pats my back as we enter the mall. I am not a huge fan of shopping, in fact I hate it. I never buy anything, I always window shop... unless it's a gift. I can't spend money on myself but I have no problem spending money on my friends and family.

Family.... this is the first Christmas I will be away from my family.

Before I knew what was going on I walked right into Jake and his hand hit the brick wall next to him him.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so so so so sorry! Are you okay? Did you break your back? Wrist? Spine? Spirit?"I say in one long breath.

He shakes his head "S**t my watch broke."

"Jake I am so sorry!" I say praying he won't beat me like he did with the punching bag.

"Wait did u just ask if you broke my spirt?" He questions.

I shrug with a cheesy look on my face.

He just shakes his head and walks off, like his shadow, I follow.

"What goes on in the little brain of yours? It's like your not here sometimes!" He says.

I shrug.

He chuckled "look you are behind me okay... so how am I supposed to see if you shrug. Just speak."

"How do u know if I shrugged?" I asked in surprise.

He stopped and turned around "Your pretty predictable Nicole."

We spent the next few hours going from store to store. He would go to one, I would feel awkward. I would go to one and he would feel awkward.

We finally sat down at the food court where I ordered a cheeseburger, medium root beer, medium fries, and a hot fudge Sundae with extra hot fudge from McDonald's. Jake just ordered some pizza from some Pizza Café nearby. We met at a table and Jake stared at me blankly. I felt my cheeks redden as I sat down.

"You're... going to eat all that?" He asked as he sat.

I nod as I dig into my cheeseburger.

"If you puke in my car you won't make it home alive"

I feel all color drain from my face.