♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️

♦️Chapter 23 || Cornered♦️
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

I shut the door behind me, throw my bags on the floor, and let out a huge breath. Doug's Christmas night boxing class was a hard work out.

"How were the gloves?" Jake asks with a smile as he throws away the last piece of Christmas wrapping paper.

I smile "Great! The best pair I've ever had!"

I throw myself onto the coach and brush my hair out of my face, Jake sat down beside me. Today was the first day I went somewhere with out Jake. His mom made a deal with him that if he cleaned the entire mess from earlier that his punishment might 'be revoked'.

"I have never had such a great pair before" I say happily "The only other pairs I have had were ones that people gave away at the boxing gym, so you can imagine what condition they were in. I feel so much better with these gloves" I smile and look at Jake who is just staring blankly at my face.

"Your parents never got you your own pair?" He asks in a low and deep voice.

I shrug and shake my head no, "My mom never supported the idea, she said it was a phase and I'd grow out of it. My dad did try once but my mom made sure he didn't buy them." I sigh, "Luckily Doug put up that giveaway bin at the gym."

Jake did't move, his eyes narrow and become darker than normal. I noticed his hands clutched into fists.

I gulp and try to calm myself down. Jake wouldn't hurt me right?

Right!?

I stand up and stretch, "I'm going to get changed."

I skip out of the room... that was subtle right?

Once I got in my room I rushed to the shower. After everything that has happened so far I need to relax. How did I get out of the water and to the hospital? What happened that no one is telling me? I let the water wash away my thoughts, I didn't want to think about that today.

I hoped out of the shower, turned on some music, went into the closet, grab some jeans, a sports bra, a handful of shirts and throw them on top of the bed.

I throw on the jeans. They were light-colored jeans and had small rips in them.

I'm a Lady by Meghan Trainor began to play and it took every bone in my body to resist the urge to dance.... if I started dancing and someone saw, I'd never heard the end of it so I turned off the music.

I throw on the sports bra and begin to yawn when I hear something that I wish I never ever had heard come from behind me.

"Holy $**t you're f**king ripped!"

I shriek and run right into the bathroom and shut the door, "Jake what are you doing in my room?! Haven't you ever heard of knocking!?"

I hear him chuckle and I can feel his evil grin, "It's my house, Princess."

He continues laughing and I hide in the shower for fear that he might break down the door.

"You look good" He chimes. I can feel his smirk from the bathroom, "You should wear tank tops more often... You know you have pretty great muscles for a girl." He says to himself, "And believe me, I have seen a lot of girls."

Okay, TMI... I did not need to know that.

"Okay come on out," He says mellowing up.

My mouth drops, "No!"