♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️

Chapter 11 || Stay
🔹🔹🔹🔹
** Nicole's POV **

  Jake stayed silent as he helped me off his motorcycle and into the house. He didn't stay too close to me but he didn't stay to far away.

He lead me to my temporary room and held open the door for my entry. As I walked by him stared at the ground, I could sense his gaze upon me the whole time.

As I entered the bedroom Jake quietly stated, "I'll be back soon to check on you" and left without another word.

I sighed, I was all alone again. The darkness of my room seemed to control me. The fear of something emerging from the darkness flew upon and would not go away. I ran to the light switch and flipped it on. The darkness flew away in an instant.

I slowly shut the door, quickly changed out of my clothes and hopped into the shower. I let the warm water run down my body to wash away my thoughts and clear my mind temporarily.

When I jumped out of the shower and quickly threw on a pair of pink pajama pants and a white tank top. Once my clothes were on I slowly walked towards my temporary bed, sat down on the corner while tears began to flow from my eyes and down my cheeks and as if Jake had been waiting the entire time for the most perfect moment the door to my temporary room creaked open. Jake stood in the doorway in the same clothes he left me in.

When he saw my tears he entered the room and made his way in front of me. Once his body stood in front of mine he squatted down to my level. His legs brushed against mine and his eyes were at my level. I looked everywhere but at him. He brought his warm hand up to my cheek and wiped away the tears. His hand was rough but his touch was soft.

"Nicole, It's okay. You're safe now." He said softly while moving his hand to my chin so my face would face his, "You need to get some rest."

I nodded as he helped me under the blankets. He tucked me in just like my dad used to before he went away. When he finished wrapping me with the blankets he put hands on the bed on both sides of my face so that he was propped up right above me.

He lifted on of his hands and rubbed it on my forehead as he brushed away some straggling brown strands that covered my face.

When he was done he slowly lifted him self and made his way out of my room. When he reached the doorway my voice spoke unintentionally, "Jake, please don't go."

He turned around and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Stay" I pleaded while fighting back more tears.

He sighed as he walked back to my bedside. He reached over me and grabbed an extra pillow from the bed. He placed it on the floor and grabbed a blanket from the corner of the room. He made a makeshift bed and stayed at my side the whole night.

"Thank you" I said softly while falling asleep, "for everything"

• • •

  I brought my hand up to my messy hair before waking up. I picked up and threw straggling pieces behind me ear. I noticed my pillow was wet, not from drool but from tears. I brought my hands up to my eyes and they were wet, my cheeks were too. I sighed as I wiped my face with the sleeve of my sweater.

Wait? Sweater? I feel asleep in a tank top.

I looked at my arms and noticed I was wearing an oversize grey sweater. I must have gotten up sometime last night and put it on.