♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️

Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

I threw on a light pink sweater, over my black tank top, and black leggings with a pink stripe down the side before grabbing my boxing bag and resting it on my bed. Almost every night so far I have made it to boxing and I am extremely proud of it. I have actually improved. At this rate I'll be ready for a fight in no time.

I throw my hair up into a messy bun then look in the mirror....

No... no.... no....

I immediately take down the bun that was a giant horrible looking ball sitting on my head. No matter how many times I try to put my hair in a bun I just can't get it right. My hair is just too thic for that.

I sigh as I slowly open the door to make sure the coast is clear before running like a mad man into the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen it was completely empty - phew - I grabbed the waffle iron and made myself waffles for dinner. I'll probably regret eating waffles before boxing but it will totally be worth it.

As the waffles cook, I stand tall and practice my self defense. About once or twice a week I go to a self defense class, but I take it seriously now. I have them help me with every possible scenario. The thing is I do great with the moves in practice but when they bring in a real person to pretend to be the 'perpetrator ' I freeze and get to a point where I am crying.

They've been doing everything in their power to help me and get my confidence up but it's been shattered and I don't know if I will ever be confident in myself again.

The smell of something burning has me running toward the waffle iron in a hurry. I practically leap over the island to get to the iron - you know those leaps in a James Bond movie... yeah it was just like that.

I open up the iron and there it was... the poor waffle, black and burnt. I throw my hand in the air and try to wave away the smoke but it was too late. The smoke detector went off making loud beeping noises. I throw my hands on top of my ears and nearly crouch into a ball.

Jake won't like this. Nope he won't like this at all.

As I hide behind the island I hear heavy foot steps running into the kitchen. They stop and I hear a bunch of noise coming from the ceiling, which lead  me to believe they were fixing the smoke detector.

"$**t!" I heard Jake say as he fiddled with the smoke detector.

I poke my head up to watch Jake aggressively attack the poor detector.

"What happened?" He shouts as he noticed me.

I say nothing but embarrassingly points to the waffle iron.

He takes apart the detector and the loud noises come to a halt. After placing it down he gives me a stern look and raises an eyebrow.

I awkwardly look at the ground avoiding eye contact, "How on earth did you manage to burn a waffle?"

I shrug my shoulders.

Moments later Jill came rushing in with a towel over her head "Is everyone okay? What happened?"

"Top chef here burnt a waffle" Jake spits out while pointing at me.

I blush in embarrassment and let out a nervous laugh and smile "Sorry"

Jill let out a sweet smile "it's okay Nicole. No harm done."

I smile back and as I walk toward the waffle iron and throw the charcoaled waffle in the trash.