♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️

🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

  Groggy sounds of faint whispers and a steady flow of being flowed in and out of my ears.

Beep

"Doctor...."

Beep

"...fell..."

Beep

"...Jake..."

Beep

"...ice..."

Beep

Beep

Beep

Breathing at first felt like there was a ton of weights resting on my chest, but the feeling was soon lifted.

Beep

My eyes felt glued shut.

Beep

My body felt frozen.

Beep

I had never been more scared in my entire life.

Beep

"...Nicole..."

Beep

Beep

Beep

After what seemed like hours my eyes finally slowly lifted open. Even when they were open I still couldn't see anything, only blurred colors.

Beep

After blinking a few times I gathered the strength to sit up. Sitting up practically took the wind out of me leaving me to breath heavily for a solid minute.

Beep

My eyes scanned what looked like a hospital room. Soon enough I realized that the beeping noise what my heart rate... What happened?

Beep

My eyes focused on a chair, but who was in the chair surprised me.

Beep

"Jake" I tried to say but only came out muffled. It was then that I realized there had been an oxygen mask placed on my face.

Beep

Beep

I lifted the mask from my face and said "Jake" a little louder.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Jake groaned as he put his hands to his head and wiped his eyes. His hair was ruffled from his sleep and didn't look bad on him. He removed his hands from his eyes and focused on me. His eyes widened "No!"

He jumped up from the chair throwing the blanket on the ground, "Put that back on!" Before I had a chance to do anything Jake had his hand on the mask and gently pressed it to my face.

He was breathing so hard. "Why would you take it off?! It's on for a reason."

After taking his hand off he grabbed the blanket he threw on the floor and placed it over me. I let out a happy sigh as my warmth increases. I looked down and realized I had quite a few blankets on and a funky looking device over me.

"It's a bear hug" He says as if he was reading my mind. I nod in confusion... a what?

"Why are you sitting up? You need to be lying down." Jake put his hand on my back and slowly lowered me down to the bed.