♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️

Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's Mom (Ann) POV * *

  "What?" I shouted into the phone.

I must have misheard him. Nicole? Almost kidnapped? Hurt? Impossible?

God d*** it. Did I not teach her anything?!

I looked over at Ryan who gestured for me to hand him the phone and of course as I did as he said, I didn't want to hear the story anyway.

Who would even want Nicole anyway? There's nothing special about her. There's more special things about me than her. Then it dawned on me, the only logical explanation was that her kidnapper was insane and has no taste in women.

"Is she alright?" Ryan spat into the phone while standing up, "Can I speak to her?"

I rolled my eyes, she is fine Ryan calm down.

Ryan rushed his hands through his hair furiously.

God I love it when he is like this.

"She's what? Unconscious?" He questioned, "Is she hurt?"

What do you think Ryan? If someone almost got kidnapped do you think the victim would get hurt?

He sighed "Thank the lord. Please send my thanks to the man."

What man?!

Ryan listened into the phone, he placed his hand on his heart.

"Jake Vance? Jill Vance's son?" He asked, "Is he okay?"

Jake? What on earth was he doing there? Was he okay?

"Please let him know we are eternally great full and no words can describe how thankful we are." He said.

For what??

"Please keep up updated on her situation? We will call her as soon as possible." He nodded, "Goodbye sir and thank you"

He hung up the phone, "Well?" I demanded.

He plopped on the bed next to me while putting his hand on my thigh, "Nicole is okay."

No $h** Sherlock. I forced a smile onto my face, "but what happened?"

"Nicole actually used self defense against the man. He had a gun against her and a knife. She's so smart Nicole. If only I could have been there for her-"

I cut him off "What else?"

He looked me in the eyes "As she was escaping she fell-"

Classic Nicole.

"The man was about to shoot her when Jake Vance. Yes, Jake Vance, Jill's son, comes out of nowhere and starts beating up the guy" he paused "He saved Nicole's life."

Mixed emotions traveled through me.

What was Jake doing there anyway? Why would he want to help her? I mean she is such an outsider, she talks to no one and does anything and everything to please her parents.