♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️

Chapter 43 || Promise
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

"H-Hi Mom"

She was standing in the doorway with a suit on and dark sunglasses while scrolling through her phone... she clearly didn't hear me.

What was she doing here?

I haven't spoken to her in months! She hasn't answered any of my calls or texts... and now here she is standing in the door.

"Mom?" I question.

She looks up from her phone and looks around like she forgot where she was. Then she lays eyes on me and lowers her sunglasses to get a look at me.

"Oh. Hello Nicole," She says monotoned before looking back at her phone.

I turn around to look at Jake who was leaning against the counter and looking at me with confusion.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask politely.

"Oh no. That's okay. I just stopped by to tell you I'll be back later tonight to pick you up to bring you..." she gulped "home."

"Ooookay," I say, "I'll be ready then."

"Will Jill be home tonight?" She asks looking up from her phone again.

"She'll be home around 5 tonight," Jake says harshly as he stands next to me.

"Alright, I'll be back then," She says and with a flip of her straight black hair, she turns away and walks to her car.

"Byeee," I saw weirdly and shut the door.

"That was weird..." I turn to Jake, "Was it something I said?"

Jake sighs and shakes his head, "No you did nothing wrong."

"Oh," I say trying to think of what made her so aggravated.

"Hey want to head to the gym? I think Doug is having a class soon. You can go and get some of that anger out. How does that sound?"

"I'm not angry" I protest.

He gives me a look as to say really?

"What... I'm not."

"It's all over your face. There is nothing wrong with being angry. Your mom literally came back from a business trip, hasn't seen you in months and didn't even give you a hug!" He says angrily throwing his hands in the air.

"I think you need to hit something right now more than me," I laugh.

"Yeah, I think so too."

I sigh, "She didn't even hug me."

Jake immediately wraps his arms around me and says warmly, "Who needs her hugs when you have mine!"

I laugh into his chest in agreement.

"I have the best hugs in the world! So that's all that matters!" Jake chirps trying to make me feel better.

"Now let's go let some anger out!" Jake cheers as he lets go of me and we race to our rooms to change.

After changing our clothes and grabbing my boxing bag we were on our way to the gym.

We spent the morning punching all of our anger out on the heavy bags mixed in with some cardio and sparring with Doug.

"Feeling better?" Jake laughs as he notices me punching the heavy bag to no end.

"Why-" punch "Couldn't-" punch "she-" punch "call-" punch "me-" punch "back!"

I groan after throwing the last punch and turn to face Jake with frustration.