♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️

Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* *Jake's POV* *

"Jake, please don't go" Nicole said as I began to leave her room.

I shot my head around with confusion.

"Stay" she pleaded through a shaky breath as tears rolled down her face.

She wanted me to stay?

I looked at her face. She looked petrified. Her body was shaking under the covers. Poor thing.

I mentally cursed myself for not getting there sooner.

What would have happened if I never even showed up?

The thought of that killed me. She would have been.....

I shook that thought out of my head immediately, She's safe now. That's all that matters.

I re-approached her bed with cautious steps fearing that I might scare her.

Once my feet were next to her bed I reached over her to grab an extra pillow lying next to her head. She winced as my body hovered over her.

I knew Nicole was scared of me.

That's what I wanted.

I wanted her to fear me.

I wanted to hold all the power, but now seeing her like this I don't think I want that anymore.

Ever since she came here I've been a completely different person, I never cared about anyone else. It was always the survival of the fittest and well... I was the fittest. I felt a need to show everyone my power and capability. I always was superior to others.

But now, I don't know what's going on. My head is just spinning with thoughts I've never thought before.

Was Nicole doing this to me?

I threw the pillow on the floor and made a make shift bed.

I guess she did want me to stay here, whether she feared me or not.

As I began wrapping myself with a blanket she softly said "Thank you" her voice trailed off into a sleep "for everything."

Before I knew it she was out like a light. Poor thing.

I sat up from my position and stared at her. Her little body covered in layers upon layers of blankets. Her brown hair scattered everywhere on the bed from tossing and turning. Even though she was asleep her body kept quivering.

I quietly stood up from my position and walked over to sit on the side of her bed.

She was still crying and her skin was covered in goosebumps.

That's when an idea hit me. I jolted up from the bed quickly ran to my room and rumbled through my mess of a closest. I pull out one of my comfy sweaters and ran back into her room.

Nicole was in a completely different position from when I left her. She was facing the opposite side and her arm hung off the bed. Her hair was stuck to her face from all the tear.

I sat back on the side of her bed and just stared at her.

How on earth am I going to do this? I couldn't even dress a f***ing barbie doll.