♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️

Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's Mom's POV * *

I tossed and turned on the hotel bed. I clenched my fists and threw my head on my pillow with a loud groan.

The thought of going home kept dwelling on me.

Going back to my everyday life, I didn't want this little vacation to end - yes, I had a few scattered meetings here and there, but Ryan and I get a lot of time off and I mean a lot.

With this new promotion, we could go away every weekend!

I rolled my eyes, but what would we do with Nicole?

I shrugged; she has lived with the Vance's this long maybe they will adopt her.

I laughed, wishful thinking. Who would want to adopt her?

* * Nicole's POV * *

"Honey you need a dress for the winter formal, but it can't be any normal dress. It needs to be the best dress in the entire school. You will be the hottest, most beautiful girl there!" Alice cheers as she plans out different dress styles for me, "We are dress shopping after school, no exceptions."

"Alice, I haven't even been asked to the winter formal yet," I say but Alice cuts me off.

"You're dating Jake. You're going with him," Alice places her hands on her hips and taps her foot.

I shrug, "I don't even know if I'm going. I don't get what the big deal about all this."

Alice's mouth drops, "You are going to the dance even if I have to drop you by your feet. All this is like a pre-prom! I'd say it's even bigger than prom! If you don't go... no you're going. You only get a few opportunities like this and then they are gone forever."

I laugh, "Okay, okay. I'll go."

Alice grins, "You were going either way."

I roll my eyes, "What would I do without you?"

"Honey I don't even wanna know," Alice laughs.

We turn the corner of the hallway and everyone was looking suspiciously guilty as they cleared the center of the hall, basically hugging the lockers.

Alice and I looked at each other questionably and carefully walked down the hallway. Small little giggles escaped some of the student's mouths as we walked.

I whispered to Alice consciously, "Do I look funny? Everyone is staring at me."

She whispers back, "No you look great. They are just being weird... per usual."

Suddenly out of the blue music starts playing over the loudspeakers which makes us stop and search for the source.

"What is going on with this school today?" I ask Alice.

She just laughs, "I don't know but I like it."

Everyone gasps while they look down the hallway so of course, I follow their gaze to see what was going on.

My mouth drops as Jake beings mouthing the words to the song Rewrite the Stars as they begin to play over the loudspeaker.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied

Jake walks closer to mouthing the words as if he is actually Zac Efron singing.

You claim it's not in the cards
Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me