twenty seven

Alana

We just finished up the game in Omaha, tomorrow we're flying to Houston for our week off after the game there. Were halfway done with this tour, I'm so ready to go home. "Do you think you and Kalin would ever get back together?" Kelsey asked "I don't think so. He cheated on me," I said "ooh... yea that's bad," she said awkwardly. "Get some sleep, we've got a long day tomorrow," I said, lying down.

Next day

We had an 8am flight, everyone gathered into the plane. I sat next to Kelsey and Megan "I can't wait for the break! Im so tired!" Megan said "same, I just want to sleep," I said. I sat back and put in my Beats, letting the backbeat of Tumblr Girls by G-Eazy push me into a slumber. "Wake up wake up! Alana! Were here!" Kelsey said shaking me, I stood up and stretched before grabbing my things. We took Ubers to a hotel "alright ladies, we have three hours to prepare for the game get some rest, eat, you'll need it!" Coach Freeman yelled. I checked into my hotel room, luckily we got our own this time. I got all of my volleyball gear out and laid in on the bed, then plopped next to it. Suddenly my door clicked, indicating someone had a key card, I sat up. Suddenly my whole family and Kalin filled the room "mom, dad!" I said, hugging them "I missed you guys so much!" I said, gripping then tight "we missed you too Alana," they said, dad kissed my forehead. I hugged my sisters and August "I missed you goofballs too," I said. Kalin stood there, I decided to hug after too, I did miss him. "Not even a kiss?? Cmon!" My mom said, my parents didn't know we broke up yet "just kiss me," he whispered, I pecked his lips. "So, I have a game in a few hours," I said "well we'll be there! We rented a house here for the week, you can come stay and get out of this hotel room," my mom offered, I nodded. "I'm gonna get ready. The arena in in downtown Houston," I said, grabbing my gear and walking into the bathroom. "Were gonna go, good luck sweetheart!" My dad yelled, I hopped into the shower.

Game

We walked into the arena "is that your family?" Kelsey asked, I looked over and saw them with Alana McCall: 17 on their shirts, I shook my head. "Yep. Thats my family," I said "and is that the Kalin guy, he's cuter in person, like a male model type cute damm," she said, I looked at her. "Sorry," she said, a guy about 6 foot with black hair walked up to us. "Hey you're Alana right?" He asked, Kelsey walked away, I smiled "yea how do you know my name?" I asked. "I've been to a few of your games. You're one of the most kickass girls I've seen," he said, I chuckled "and I kinda have a little crush on you," he said, reddening, I smiled again. "My name is Nick by the way," he said "I'll give you my number, let me grab my phone," I said before running to Ivy. She handed me my phone, Icould feel Kalin's intensive glare on me, I ran back. We exchanged numbers and continued talking

Kalin

I stood up shortly to be pulled back down by Ivy. "My parents may be clueless, but I know you two broke up a me why. So, if you do so much as look at my sister sideways for getting his number, I won't hesitate to beat your ass," she said.