sixty two

Few weeks later
6pm

I opened the door for Ivy, we decided to get ready for the Christmas dinner together at my house. "Hey sis," she said hugging me "August and his girl are on the plane here now," she said smirking. "Babe I'll be back, I'm gonna go play basketball with Connor and Cam," Kalin said, grabbing his keys. "Okay just be sure to be back by 7 to shower and get ready for the dinner?" I said, he nodded before pecking my lips. "Bye love you," he said, leaving. "Alright so my mom says girls in either white, red, or green, Christmas color," Ivy said. "I'm pretty sure no ones wearing green, so I grabbed my white dress," she said, flinging the dry cleaning bag around her shoulder. "Well I guess I'll do red," I said, looking through my side of the closet. I grabbed one of my red dresses before grabbing a tux for Kalin because I know he's gonna take forever to get ready.

 I grabbed one of my red dresses before grabbing a tux for Kalin because I know he's gonna take forever to get ready

Kalin came upstairs sweaty with a basketball in hand. "Your tux is on the island in the closet, just shower," I said, he nodded before pulling his shirt off and throwing it in the hamper. "You look hella gorgeous babe," he said, I smiled "thanks now go shower," I said kissing his cheek. Ivy sat on the couch scrolling on her phone "mom said to be there in 30 minutes apparently August and Alissa are already there," she said. "Kalin babe hurry!" I yelled anxiously sitting down. After 15 minutes Kalin was finally dressed, I fixed his tie before we went down to the parking garage.

Dinner

We stop at the reservation desk "reservation for McCall," I said. "Oh right this way," she said, grabbing 3 menus. Our table came in sight, August stood up, I hurried toward him and wrapped my arms around him. "August! My child," I said happily, he chuckled, letting go to hug Ivy. I looked down at the blonde by his side, she stood up "hey I'm Alissa," she said smiling. "Hey hey I'm Alana, August's 1st sister," I said "annnddd im Ivy," she said butting in "oh my gosh you guys are so pretty," she said, I smiled. "Says the gorgeous one," I said, she blushed a little. I went to the other side of the table and took my seat next to Starlah "hey mama, hey Julie," I said hugging them. "Hey daughter you look gorgeous," Starlah said "me?! Look at you in that dress!" I said, she smirked. "Hey mom," Kalin said kissing her forehead before he sat down. "So I'd like to thank you guys for coming tonight," mom said standing up to start a toast "mom were literally required to be here every year," Ivy said, everyone chuckled. "Okay okay, but you guys made it, cheers to Christmas Eve ," she said before everyone took a drink.